Read latest comment - 8th February 2010

From Business Week:

Toyota

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
From the BBC:

Older cars will be given priority when Toyota UK starts repairs on vehicles recalled owing to accelerator pedal concerns.

The company said it would be nearly a week before it could start repairs on cars and even then the repairs would be staggered.

More than 180,000 cars in Britain have been affected and will need to be taken to dealers to be fixed.

The issue surrounds an accelerator pedal problem affecting seven of its models. The older cars will be given priority as the problem is the result of the pedal becoming worn.

Vehicles which have suffered the stuck accelerator will also be at the start of the queue.

Affected owners will receive two letters - one telling them that the recall involves their vehicle and a second outlining when to take the vehicle to a dealer.

Alternatively, motorists can check whether their car is affected on a recall website or by calling a Toyota helpline.

Full article:
BBC News - Older Toyotas will be fixed first following recall

Poor old Toyota, interesting to watch the PR and damage limition machine roar into life for a major corp. No doubt there will be lessons that will filter down that we could all learn from.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I still dont honestly see how Toyota can survive this.

There will have to be a huge PR excersise and massive reductions on thier new car sales to persuade and encourage people to trust them and buy any car from them.

Hmm tough times ahead for them , wish them every ounce of good luck - they are gona need it!

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments