Which is the best courier company?

By : Forum Member
Published 11th November 2011 |
Read latest comment - 13th January 2012

For a small business, sending parcels abroad and in the UK, but not often, which is the best courier to have an account with? which company offers the best prices and service?
Any experience having an account with courier companies that members here have had?

Thanks

Thanks,
sourcepro
Comments
forum avatarmailboxexpress
14th November 2011 4:46 PM
You could spend hours a day searching for a courier as there are thousands.

You need to find a courier that can offer you a double your money back guarantee on late or lost deliveries. A courier that has a wide distribution network and an excellent delivery rating.

If you are sending over night or a same day deliveries, you can not get more reliable than a courier who deliveries directly to you (nothing in-between) and a courier who has motorbike couriers.

forum avatarfirstpointfreight
14th November 2011 5:02 PM
In my opinion don't always focus on what prices you are paying - whilst I agree cost is important, service plays an essential part of any courier company.

Sometimes it can be worthwhile paying a little bit more for peace of mind.

Hi Yes there ar a multitude of companies many of which are pretty useless, we have tried many over the years we have been trading, including parcelforce, Tuffnells, Interlink, fedex, TNT and so on but we have found DHL to be the most reliable.

Whoever you use, you will have a problem at some time, its inevitable but its the response to that problem that is also important.

Certainly, again we have found this company to be pretty responsive.

For a small business, sending parcels abroad and in the UK, but not often, which is the best courier to have an account with? which company offers the best prices and service?
Any experience having an account with courier companies that members here have had?

Thanks

garlex

forum avatarchris_griffiths_uk
6th December 2011 11:17 AM

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this site, but if you are looking for a complete mail and courier company, then I would suggest DX. Take a look at their website, and I believe DX now even have an iPhone app.

Good luck with your search.

Chris

forum avatarmassive
7th December 2011 11:00 AM
I have always worked with FeDx... and DHL... and these two are the best courier service in my mind.

forum avatarRap-Ex Couriers
12th January 2012 3:52 PM
I think it is "horses for courses" . 2 types of couriers overnight couriers where it is pretty much like a private version of the post office. People who use then often will all have horror stories of each of them as it is a pure volume service and statisically they get most of it right. But you might find level of package care might not be that good. So make sure it is wrapped well!!

The second type is same day couriers who are basically a taxi service for your goods!

forum avatarBluefinNW
13th January 2012 8:07 AM
The only thing I would add is that using these high profile 'names' of companies that are already turning over millions and billions of pounds you would not get the same personal service as using a local firm.
Local firms with a couple of drivers or even a small fleet are so much more cost effective and also provide a much better service as you feel like a valued customer and not just another number on the DHL adverts!!!

Lol - That is just my opinion!

forum avatarRap-Ex Couriers
13th January 2012 9:17 AM
Quite correct - we ran a small fleet of vans and trucks and we provide a first class service!!

This Thread is now closed for comments