Tea swindle

By : Forum Member
Published 4th February 2010 |
Read latest comment - 5th February 2010

Just reading the article over a cup of coffee (which I paid for)
Firms 'cutting free tea perks' - *MSN News - MSN UK

Interesting, my first thought was, are they serious? Are people really that narrow minded when it comes to a cupa in the office.

I worked in a fairly big office in Birmingham for the now defunct Commercial Union, they gave us so many tokens for the machine a month, if you used your allocation of 2 a day you could pay 10p for a drink of your choice out of the machine, ok so we had subsidised drinks. My next few jobs we had a pot whereby you paid a small charge for each drink and these where replaced with the money you put in, any spare bought a packet of biscuits.

My point, i think in nearly all my jobs i have either contributed or paid for my own drinks and never thought anything of it so why all the stink in this article.

Like all commodities coffee and tea cost more now than ever, why should firms take the hit on this increase when in all honesty their profits will already be down following the recession.

Thoughts?

Clive
Comments
yep agree, can't think of anywhere within the last 15 years where I've got free coffee at work

That said, I remember at IBM where they brought in a retail coffee chain to sell in house, and it soon started to get expensive! It was back to the coffee machine and plastic coffee

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments