Oh Great... British Airways cabin crew back strike action

By : Administrator
Published 23rd February 2010 |
Read latest comment - 24th February 2010

From the BBC:

British Airways passengers face the risk of strikes after cabin crew voted overwhelmingly in favour of industrial action over pay and conditions.

Unite said that 78.77% of the 11,691 ballot papers issued were returned. Of those 80.7% (7,482) supported taking action with 1,789 voting against it.

Unite said it would not be announcing any strike dates as it hoped to continue negotiations with BA.

The airline warned: "We will not allow Unite to ruin this company."

BA said some progress had been made during recent talks but said it would do everything it could to protect customers' travel plans should strikes take place.

The union's general secretary Len McCluskey said the ballot result was "a clear indication of the deep sense of grievance that our members feel".

"We can only hope that BA management will now recognise the only way to resolve this is through negotiation, not through litigation and certainly not through intimidation," he said

Full article:
BBC News - British Airways cabin crew back strike action

God bless the unions... hmmm have BA flight booked to Canada in May, have we booked with the wrong carrier

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
forum avatarKip FX Design
23rd February 2010 10:06 AM
I always seeth when I hear about strikes, but never been in the position they are in, so maybe I should be a tad more understanding!

Im never really sure which side to fall on when strikes are mentioned.

I have always said if you arent happy in your job move - dont stay and bitch about it!

Ive had a fair few jobs in my time - when i got bored or disillusioned with the company i moved on!

Clive

Funnily enough I feel the same way especially as I launching a job board

Stavros

This Thread is now closed for comments