By : Administrator
Published 25th March 2010 |
Read latest comment - 25th March 2010

So UK PLC will have to borrow less this year, just a measly

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
Budget was as expected, most tax hikes were already known. It is well known the country is in a serious amount of debt, but the governement is delaying the inevitable further tax rises till after the election.

...we're all doomed!

Now I must go and talk to my tax advisor about moving my non-dom arrangements away from Belize.

For those old enough to remember Labour of old it is no different now. This is one big mess that generations will suffer for. The Tories will probably get in...maybe or HP if we are unlucky; they will be at the helm for a few years and folks will not like what they NEED to do and will vote this lot back in again...hence why I say our young will so suffer over coming decades.

Budget wise it was about on par with what had been pre-ambled. There is rarely any benefit to the individual. I'd vote for Robin Hood if he stood for election

bonsai passion

For those old enough to remember Labour of old it is no different now....

BA cabin crews on strike, inland revenue had strike action yesterday, rail strikes planned for Eastor. Hmm your right, is all starting to sound familiar... if we had a UK car industry left, no doubt they'd be out as well...

Agree, we are saddled with a bad legacy. Every 10 years they reckon we will have a major economic crisis, would if we (UK PLC) can pay our bills and limp through before the next one hits?

Maybe if stopped pumping money down the toilet and sensibly reformed our welfare state then we could address the issue, as well as stopped conducting colonial Foreign Policy, but I digress and move dangerously into rant territory...

Steve Richardson

Allegedly we can only afford to pay six out of every ten medical staff in the NHS. Interesting to note that Managers was the largest personnel increase this past few years within same

Six out of ten teaching staff is the same. So we don't have it and we borrow more. This is just two such areas in a total mess. Welfare wise I'd be really specific on dole payouts, unless you had paid into the system for ten years you get nowt, tough titty, get of your ar5e and do something...it is out there.

Blair's Government (if you can be awarded such a title, IMHO) killed us in more ways that one. Encouraging couples to have yet more babies and get well paid for it was a stupid thing to do. Every day we read of stories that a couple with a gazillion kids take more than the average man earns from welfare

Enoch Powell...boy did he know the difference between right and wrong. Soon the inheritance malarkey will kick in and GB will see a mass exodus of peeps leaving these fair shores for pastures new; we may well be one such family to move on at some stage, if nothing else to somewhere a bit warmer.

Methinks it is too late to recover. If this was a privately run business it would have folded eons ago. The lenders may as well wipe off our debt and leave us to it. If we can't pay the loans back (and I keep remembering 'Spooks' when this almost occurred) what will they do? Take us over. helloooo, what is it we have that a lender might want?

When I was made redundant last year i applied for some financial assistance if nothing else to help out looking after Mother (we get

bonsai passion

See me slope out of 'Handover House' as one young scroat who has never worked makes his umpteenth appearance to get his

Steve Richardson

Nothing wrong (IMO) Steve with a little spleen venting here and there.

Mike

bonsai passion

This Thread is now closed for comments