forum avatar

I want a new life !!

By
Published 29th April 2010 |
Read latest comment - 1st June 2010

Hi everyone, Im new and need help please! I want to start a new business but in the past I have been in so much debt. All my debt is cleared now but I dont know with such a bad credit history is it still possible to start one. Has anyone got any advice?
Comments
Depends if you need credit for the business your starting.

Tell us a little more about what the business is and what your short term plans are and I am sure someone can help.

Remember this though: today is the first day of the rest of your life so make it count and you cannot change history!

So coming to a forum like this shows me you are ready to take charge which is a positive step!

tomsk

Agreed. Not every business needs huge loans etc to start, so a lot will depend on that.

Have you pulled your latest credit report from equifax or the like to see how bad it actually is?

Credit-Manager.Net

Hi Steven

Is this the bouncy castle hire business you were talking about?
http://www.mylocalforums.com/introductions-come-say-hello/694-hi-im-new.html

Have you researched your costs to see how much you actually need, factored in living expenses, vehicle, fuel etc.

Also have the root cause of any previous debt problems being addressed? Dont go into any details on a public forum, but before comitting yourself again, make sure any previous issues have been fully addressed.

Is your business idea sound? Do a business plan, look at the numbers, be honest, and see if it can really work. Dont rely on fag packet market research, get out and talk to people, is there a market, who's your competition. If none, why not?

The more time researching now will save much heartache later on.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I was going to say that Sean will probably be along to offer help. But he beat me to teh recommendation. Mind, Steve is no amateur either

bonsai passion

forum avatarhope000
5th May 2010 1:09 PM
Thanks everyone, Steven that was sound advice. I am going to take my time, work out a plan, see how much I need to borrow and go from there. AA friend suggested I go an see the cab to see where I stand going into business with my previous debt problems. Does anyone else have any suggestions where I could go for advice.

CAB is prob the best place to go as they will be impartial and point you in the right direction. Let us know how you get on, be nice to hear a rags to riches story!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarhope000
10th May 2010 1:50 PM
Hey Steve and guys I went to the cab and they gave me a list of non profit websites that should be able to help me, so I am going to work throught them today. I hate not having money, I want to wake up tomorrow and not worry.

Hey Steve and guys I went to the cab and they gave me a list of non profit websites that should be able to help me, so I am going to work throught them today. I hate not having money, I want to wake up tomorrow and not worry.

Hope000

When you decide on what you are going to do, I am prepared to offer free of charge a brochure style website for you with some basic work on SEO to make sure that your site is optimized for google and other search engines.

tomsk

forum avatarMark&Debs Supanaturalz
10th May 2010 4:07 PM
Wow Tomsk

What a nice thing to do, people like you warm my heart, and for that reason Im gonna make you the winner of our comp (sorry Steve maybe next time)
send me a pm with address etc and ill ship it this week.
Its some Omega 3 and some Kava Kava

mark

This Thread is now closed for comments