Is your business equipped for a lockdown? The Coronavirus hits...

By : Forum Moderator
Published 12th March 2020 |
Read latest comment - 6th April 2020

The media has run with the scaremongering headlines and I was the first person to dismiss it all as overreaction. 

However, seeing what has happened in Italy and the now official pandemic declaration it is something we need to take seriously.

Many countries are already in lockdown so it is now inevitable that the UK will need to do this at some point.

Can you run your business from home? I'm lucky that I can and it's really all online. But are you making any changes to plan?

If schools shut I predict a lot of late nights for me! 

What will you do? 

Comments

As usual, Uk leaves everything until it is way too late... We could have avoided this by banning anyone returning to the UK right after the first few cases were found. Yes, it may have upset a few people, but rather a few than a whole country.

I have read quite a few stories of what I call selfish people saying they managed to get out before the lockdown etc, or getting out in time ... I also believe some people just managed to walk out without being checked

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

It's certainly a very uncertain time for everyone and agreed, our government have acted too late.

In the wedding industry, it's still business as usual (for the time being) but I am expecting that to change in the next week or so if the local councils are advised to either limit guest numbers or to put ceremonies on hold altogether until the virus is under control. 

worbs

Never dismiss the blinking obvious....... once the government started flying people home from China the virus was coming to the UK first class...... the probability is, is that it was already here anyway..... but the government escalated the situation by bringing in more carriers....  would love to know how they came to the figure of two weeks quarantine ensures there’s no risk to others...

Thanks,
Barney

But at least we have you Barney, our resident ray of sunshine....

I like to do my best, love to get things down to the nitty gritty...... I was going to say at least this gets us away from the humdrum topic of locks.......... But talking about lockdowns and lockouts will just encourage it....

But at least we have you Barney, our resident ray of sunshine....

Thanks,
Barney

Wifey has just been given the bad news. Her job is not required anymore as it's a coffee shop ...She will have to go on to reduced hours if possible in the garden center. I reckon mine will follow soon as we are relying on small shops Butchers, Deli's, etc to be open mmmmm trying times .hope my inheritance comes through soon

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Wifey has just been given the bad news. Her job is not required anymore as it's a coffee shop ...She will have to go on to reduced hours if possible in the garden center. I reckon mine will follow soon as we are relying on small shops Butchers, Deli's, etc to be open mmmmm trying times .hope my inheritance comes through soon”

The upper class or those that are under large scale businesses may survive the lockdown. The SME's are those that are really struggling.

berylliumcrash

This is uncertain time for all over the world. Because COVID 19 affected all the content in the Globe except Antarctica.

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

Yes, My whole area is lockdown due to increase Corona cases day by day, so i am working from home and face more difficulty in every away.

likeshigh

This Thread is now closed for comments