Jag XF

By Cloud4 : Growing Business
Published 29th October 2010 | Last comment 7th December 2010
Comments
Sheeple more like.
Beemers are not that great anymore the quality leaves a lot to be desired.
I have several friends with X5's 5 series etc and they are always in the garage.

My mates X5 has had 14k worth of warranty work in 2 years, not too bad for a 40k car.

Stavros

forum avatarpromotional gifts
26th November 2010 4:08 PM
My Father-in-Law had the 3 litre diesel on test drive for the day and enjoyed it but thought the ride was a bit firm for him as he does around 30-35k a year. He went for a E250 Merc which is a very smart car, I dont normally like german cars!

forum avatarKip FX Design
27th November 2010 1:10 AM
Got my eye set firmly on the merc CLK for January, pre owned. Printed it out 6 weeks ago, have had it sat in front of my mac with the deadline date on it. Still not happy that I sold my alfa before buggering off to Cyprus for 3 months earlier in the year.

I am having it!

Got my eye set firmly on the merc CLK for January, pre owned. Printed it out 6 weeks ago, have had it sat in front of my mac with the deadline date on it. Still not happy that I sold my alfa before buggering off to Cyprus for 3 months earlier in the year.

I am having it!

Still going on about the Alfa, I do not like the CLK personally.

Mark Pitts

forum avatarChipsAway
30th November 2010 4:31 PM
I have had the pleasure of driving both, and fixing them Both have their advantages. BMW's are so common because they are great cars. Jaguar don't yet have the kudos of BMW and, therefore, have to turn out some pretty good products if they are to survive in the market place they are targeting.

They will both depreciate like bricks because that's what happens with new cars, even more so in the 'luxury' sector. The BMW may have the edge but there's not a lot in it.

At the end of the day, It's down to personal choice. I would plump for the BMW but that's just me. As I don't drive either, who am I to comment? I am the chap that actually went out and bought a Mondeo!

forum avatarCenturion-FPS
30th November 2010 6:37 PM
I too have owned both car's

BMW M3 and a X-Type 2.2 Sport

And to be honest, I was a BMW man but they became like the NEW rep car and flooded the market and to be honest I think the quality dropped a little since the past cars of the brand.

Jag on the otherhand have had that DAD's car image and have been working hard to clear their name, its not helped with the companies hand over to different controling companies but on par, I was impressed with the X-Type

If I had the choice I would not opt for either brand at present and go more in line with Audi or VW (yes I know these are two to the penny and yes they are everywhere). The reason I say these is both hold there money well and with the right spec you are on par with BMW and JAG for ride, style and the right model will turn heads...

But like all advice, its you that has to drive it so you have to love it and you only know that when that time comes.. And you know the right choice

Ok! After starting the debate I thought I'd give everyone a laugh! Have ordered the new car now and you just wont guess what it is because I cant either?

So what do you think???

Cloud4

Ok! After starting the debate I thought I'd give everyone a laugh! Have ordered the new car now and you just wont guess what it is because I cant either?

So what do you think???

Range Rover V8 Sport!

Mark Pitts

forum avatarCenturion-FPS
4th December 2010 9:33 AM
Range Rover V8 Sport!

Mini Cooper

Skoda

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments