10 Things Google Wished You Knew

By : Growing Business
Published 14th September 2011 |
Read latest comment - 18th February 2013

1. There is no duplicate content penalty
2. We see your NOSCRIPT & raise you a "yeah, right"
3. We don't do meta keywords5. There is no supplemental index (anymore)
6. We care about valid HTML

Replacemyscreen.co.uk
Comments
forum avatarseo-bod
22nd December 2011 10:35 AM

I disagree with number 6, I've optimised existing websites that have errors within the code. Rectifying the code so it becomes valid has led to considerable jumps in the rankings. Valid code helps.

forum avatarjitendra1990
2nd January 2012 2:42 PM
Im curious to know what this articles sources are and how reliable the sources really are considering some of the points made are genuine rubbish while point three is definitely true

Avoid Cloaking techniques

DerekHitch

Due to algorithm update Google now is more into quality content and links.

JohnnySaur

Here nice information is provided regarding SEO i would like to add some more off page facts that is the back links generated for your site should be form good PR site. There should not be spamming, Link generation should be relevant and genuine.

sadiyakhan

What do you mean by no duplicate content penalty!!!!!!!!

I think before sharing this sort of blog posts you must read yourself Google Panda and Penguin update what are they about and how they are dealing with spamming and duplicate contents.

IanL

What do you mean by no duplicate content penalty!!!!!!!!

I think before sharing this sort of blog posts you must read yourself Google Panda and Penguin update what are they about and how they are dealing with spamming and duplicate contents.

The OP was posting in 2011, before Penguin and Panda, but to be honest, I think the statement still stands, as long as you are referring to "non-malicious duplicate content".

From the horses mouth:
Duplicate content on a site is not grounds for action on that site unless it appears that the intent of the duplicate content is to be deceptive and manipulate search engine results

Duplicate content - Google Webmaster Tools Help

We had issues from millions of pages of dup content when Panda was first rolled out, with loads of warning messages in Google Webmaster Tools, but we weren't actually penalised, and once we had carried out corrective action (canonicals and 301's in our case) the messages disappeared.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments