Will HMV be able to change direction? 12 month update - HMV calls in administrators

By sjr4x4 : Administrator
Published 9th January 2012 | Last comment 11th April 2013
Comments
I agree, online shopping is a lot more popular. There eBay, amazon ect that offer the same thing but with a Cheaper deal. Although the prices in Hmv are getting cheaper, some of the movies and music Cd's are going for ridiculous prices, people still prefer to shop online.

- It's true as to what's been mentioned above, I'm also surprised some of these shops are still open.

Slough Business

...people still prefer to shop online.

It's true, and I'm guilty of it when it comes to music, books etc that it's easier and more convenient to shop online.

But it will be interesting to see if Peter Jones approach to rescuing Jessops, and ensuring store and online prices are the same, works.

So he's saying by all means go and buy it online, but if you're in town, and want to touch and feel, or ask advice, you can buy instore, but at an online price. How that model works in practice will be interesting, as you have the obvious higher overheads of a physical outlet, but will be watching with interest over the next 12 months.

If he pulls it off, then theres hope for the HMV's, Curry's and other physical chains.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments