I wonder how much long term damage Toyota will suffer?

By : Administrator
Published 4th February 2010 |
Read latest comment - 17th February 2010

Interesting to see Toyota now has dedicated sites offering recall information.

Toyota USA recall site
Toyota UK recall site

Quoting from their website "As part of the recall campaign, new car sales of vehicles subject to the pedal recall have been temporarily suspended until the problem is remedied.

In addition, we've temporarily halted production at some of our North American plants to focus our resources on remedying the vehicles we've recalled.."

The Toyota brand has become known over the years as a quality vehicle manafacturer, I wonder how much damage this will cause to their reputation, and what worse possible news coming out of a recession, halting sales, and suspending production

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
On the way in this morning I heard a quote from a USA secretary stating that anyone owning a Toyota should park it! This was hastily withdrawn amid mass panic and his comments have since been toned down.

Can see huge long term problems here for Toyota, its reputation I think is in tatters, I can even see them disappearing

Clive

forum avatarVerooom
4th February 2010 5:33 PM
I've been following this too, I find it interesting because if this was one of the major US car manufacturers no-one would bat an eye-lid because they always f***k things up this badly. This could indeed do some serious damage to Toyotas previously 'squeaky clean' image. Personally, I love Jap cars and Bikes.

Yep I'm a fan of Jap motors, I've had Toyota 4x4's and currently rattling around in a Nissan Patrol

But if you had money burning in your pocket right now for a new motor, would you be put off getting a Toyota? Or maybe unsure between a Lexus, BMW or Merc? Would make me rethink.

Will be an interesting 12 months, expect some serious PR damage limitation and sales promotions to win people over.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarbiz-angel
5th February 2010 11:21 PM
This couldnt have come at a better time for the US auto industry, Toyota will have a tough fight on its hands over the next 12 months. Its going to hurt them, but they'll survive.

You'll probarbly see lots of gloves of marketing from the likes of Ford

Safety so yes, this one interested me, especially as we have a Toyota Yaris Verso, ugly but one heck of a car, had three now, and the idiots stopped making them in 2006.

Get to the point Mike!

Ahh yes, sorry, I digressed.Well.....could this have been a conspiracy set up by another manufacturer using some amazing spin?

I like conspiracy theories.

Mike

bonsai passion

This Thread is now closed for comments