Social Analytics

By : Administrator
Published 4th May 2012 |
Read latest comment - 29th June 2012

Must admit, with all the new changes with the new look analytics, I'd over looked the social tab. But playing with it today, it's fantastic, giving a breakdown of all of your inbound social traffic, and what's converting.

If you've not used it, then go and have a look, you may have a few surprises.

Here's a good help file for it:
About Social Analytics - Analytics Help

Also there is now also an activity stream, which only works for a few social networks such as Google+ (obviously) and things like Digg, but if Facebook starts using it, this could be pretty useful.

Search Engine Land have a good article on it:
Discover Links Using Google Analytics New Backlink URL Report

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
Must admit, with all the new changes with the new look analytics, I'd over looked the social tab. But playing with it today, it's fantastic, giving a breakdown of all of your inbound social traffic, and what's converting.

If you've not used it, then go and have a look, you may have a few surprises.

Here's a good help file for it:
About Social Analytics - Analytics Help

Also there is now also an activity stream, which only works for a few social networks such as Google+ (obviously) and things like Digg, but if Facebook starts using it, this could be pretty useful.

Search Engine Land have a good article on it:
Discover Links Using Google Analytics New Backlink URL Report

Agree. I think Google Analytics gets better and better all of the time. It's a product that not many think about when they think Google e.g search, android etc. For me, it's been their best acquisition - formerly urchin - and it's pretty much invaluable for me. So much so that if they were ever to charge, like they are introducing with Google Maps, I'd definitely pay for it.

Thanks,
Lion

Google is producing a good tool now

Mark Pitts

For me, it's been their best acquisition - formerly urchin - and it's pretty much invaluable for me. So much so that if they were ever to charge, like they are introducing with Google Maps, I'd definitely pay for it.

Yup, we used to have to pay for analytics years ago, and googles are 1000% better more sophisticated.

Likewise, if they started charging tomorrow, we'd have to pay it. That said I've never understood why they continued with the paid version, which was still Urchin, but just googled it, and saw this:

Urchin from Google

So end of an era!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

In my opinion, Google analytic is easier from others. Because I used it previous five years.

nashir

forum avatarwilliam04
29th June 2012 7:17 AM
Google Developed social Analytic app to promote its product Google+. Most features are correlated with it.

william04

This Thread is now closed for comments