Free Publicity - guerilla marketing

By : Forum Member
Published 18th March 2013 |
Read latest comment - 27th June 2013

Hey guys, why don`t we share some ideas for free publicity anyway? The thread title is very expressive, so I guess many people would be interested. I would start with Guerilla Marketing, as there are some very interesting marketing techniques, which can be applied for free.

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates
Comments
It was a good idea, so I moved you to a new thread

I would start with Guerilla Marketing.

I get the concept of guerilla marketing, and no doubt a few of us have read case studies and thought, yeah good idea.

But has anyone actually ever done any guerilla marketing? To me it seems you need to be either very creative, or have a lot of time on your hands fly posting

Be nice to hear some genuine guerilla marketing stories.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Social media is the best place to advertise for free. Other that that stick with forums etc.

To be fair it all depends on what you're promoting?

davewright13

Thanks Steve
I have read about Guerilla and I believe it is very cost effective and efficient way to get to your target market. However you are completely right that creativity is a must. I love creative things, although I cannot say I am that creative, so I believe that if a few people with great ideas get together, they can come up with a good solution.

Have you read a bus driver job offer like this?

Would you like seeing all beautiful girls running after you?
Would you like meeting new attractive people every day?
Would you like makeing people wait for you , no matter what`s the weather?

Well, Apply for a City Bus Driver today!

I guess that such approach could be very beneficial in many businesses.

there is no such thing as 'free' advertising..not if you count time and effort a cost.

my opinion is that you shouldn't worry about whether your marketing/advertising is cheap or free.

what you should focus on is how will it convert and what ROI it will bring.

if you do your proper research and testing it wont matter if you have to pay because if you promote the right thing to the right people in the right way it will be a profitable investment.

youronlinestuffcom

Okay, how to get the best conversion rate with less money spent on marketing and advertising?

Okay, how to get the best conversion rate with less money spent on marketing and advertising?

There's an old saying that goes something like "To make an omelette, you need to break some eggs" lol advertising, marketing and product sales kinda work that way. You can't sell much if you only go the free or low cost route, because it might limit the impact you want to make on your target market. I mean, for one thing, marketing and advertising is your communication tool. The better you use them, the better your product does. Its a bit of a tricky combination though, and a lot of it can be hit and miss. But sometimes you come up with an idea that blows everyone out of the water and makes one product popular.

The best thing I think you could do, is set an advertising budget, and do market research around products similar to your own. See how they're getting everyone's attention and then come up with a better way of promoting your product. Look at what clients want to see and hear, and give it to them, without fancy bells and whistles (ok, maybe one or two lol)

I guess that if we use innovative marketing stratergies so, it can be more beneficial for us to promoting our sales and services incrediblly. I prefer social media advertising for promoting my brand amazinglly.

Ah, social media. Another poor horse being flogged to death methinks. Social networking can be extremely helpful, but in the end, that's all it is. A networking and customer/PR tool. Its there for the sole benefit of interacting with clients and building a decent web reputation so that prospective clients feel more comfortable doing business with you, and to build a network of trust. Yea, Facebook allows adverts and all that, and that's where it can be helpful. Combining that with a fan page perhaps, and killing two birds with one stone, but its not going to be as effective as working with the many other marketing options out there. That's what makes guerrilla effective. It allows you to take your target market by surprise, and break away from the mundane advertising strategies and literally makes them pay attention to what you're saying.

(my 20 cents, and IMHO) lol

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Let`s share some examples of good campaigns:
The Best Of: Ad Campaigns

I have always wanted to get around 100 bandit signs made and then distribute them around my city at the highest traffic hotspots. I remember watching a video a top internet marketer made about how he was making over $10k per month from doing this with a mortgage broker and real estate agent. Whether it was true or not is another story though.

Jamie-Anderson.com

Jamie, there are a lot success stories out there. I like reading them and for a moment i forget my suspicions and start thinking on how I can apply a similar idea for our business. I believe this is a very important point when it comes to marketing - seeing and idea and trying to make it grow, to improve it and see it work.

This Thread is now closed for comments