What does everybody know about biomass?

By : Business Start Up
Published 8th August 2013 |
Read latest comment - 12th August 2013

Hi everybody,

Just wondered what you know about biomass?

The Government released the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) last month which means you can now get paid to generate heat from a biomass boiler. You will also be saving money on fuel bills and helping the environment. Basically, getting a second income for doing nothing

What's not to love?

for more information see our website

Any questions feel free to ask!

Bioenergy
Comments
To be honest with you - know almost nothing. If you can explain in short, that would be great. We can still visit the website, don`t worry

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

Sure.
Biomass is often called

Bioenergy

Just to be clear the RHI is for both the Domestic and Commercial market. You can get small biomass boilers for your home or bigger ones for factories, farms etc. There is a biomass boiler to suit all needs

Bioenergy

Welcome aboard Biomass.

Just a gentle nudge about self-promotion. When you have done 10 posts, you will be welcome to have a forum signature, which you can add web addresses etc and will act as a soft sell on every post you do.

But it is an interesting topic, and will confess to knowing nothing about Biomass boilers and the like until we had RECC (Renewable Energy Consumer Code) join us on My Local Services, and asked us to set up some new categories.

But this Renewable Heat Incentive from the govt, do you think people will be a bit more sceptical after being stung with solar panel feed-in tariff cuts? How do we know the same thing couldn't happen again or are there any safeguards before people go out and invest in new boilers?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi, sorry about the self promotion there. thumbsdown

Thats a good question and some people will obviously be put of by that.

The difference is that soon people will realize that they have to use biomass. When we soon run out of fuels such as oil and gas and prices get too expensive, the only other reasonable alternative is BIOMASS.

If you think that in countries like Norway and Sweden 80% of their boilers run on biomass compared to only 4% in the UK. Thats the direction biomass is heading in.

As regards to safeguards, I am unsure atm, will find out and let you know.

Bioenergy

I'm sure there's more to that. If only earning was THAT easy. Fine print maybe?

alicemenezes

Sure.
Biomass is often called

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

I'm sure there's more to that. If only earning was THAT easy. Fine print maybe?

Well the downside is the initial cost of a biomass boiler. They are more expensive than a regular gas/LPG boiler so that is what puts most people off.

However with the renewable heat incentive you can earn that money back over a couple of years and the boiler will start to pay for itself.

If you can afford the initial cost of a biomass boiler then it is well worth doing as it will save you money in the long run.

Bioenergy

I believe there's a Yorkshire saying, you get 'Nowt for nowt'. We're all being led up the garden path with being Green and saving the planet and so forth, no one can seem to make up their minds, whether this planet is coming or going and we're all doomed, back in the 80s we were all seconds away from nuclear disaster, 20 years later and we are still here. It's all scaremongering. The climate changes, which we have no control over. Anything to do with being green, is going to cost you money and a lot of it too. However if you are fortunate to live in a listed property the chances are you will not be allowed to be green if it effects the structure or looks of the property, so in this case is makes no difference whether the planet is saved or not. The funniest thing I've read recently is that these new modern green wind turbines are producing so much electricity that they now have to switch them off and the energy companies are being compensated for any unused power that they generate, of course this is at the expense of the great British taxpayer. Then we have the good old solar panel, where are these made? On the cheap in the polluting capital of the world China and imported into the UK, branded with a UK manufacturers stamp and flogged to the gullible and of course local authorities who are quite happy spending taxpayers money. The planet will take care of itself without any intervention from the Green party.........

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments