Panda webinar

By : Established Business
Published 4th August 2011 |
Read latest comment - 24th October 2011

This is a pretty good webinar about Panda - the speaker really appears to know what he is talking about.

Google Panda Webinar by Guerilla

Suggests pages with 2,400 words and a keyword density of 0.5% are doing the best now, not sure about that, but a lot of the rest of what he says seems spot on.

highlandspring
Comments
Just sat through it, very very interesting. Has confirmed and reinforced a few things, and raised some great points.

"Random Internet posters rarely provide enough data to understand the context of their tests, many of which are just conjecture." - Absolutely, anecdotal chest beating isn't repeatable controlled testing.

"Good copy sells and earns its own links, the payoff is there and with Panda, the incentives are stronger than ever to provide good content." - 100%, in otherwords in that dept, nothing has changed, your content has always been, and is still currently the most important aspect of your site.

"Links havent stopped working, Google has removed the perception of linear rewards for link building...SEO has just become more interesting."

If you want to delve deeper into panda, or have some serious worries, or maybe think you have been impacted, then definitely worth having a listen. As with all Panda info, it's still one mans conjecture, but it is backed up with a lot more substance than some of the fluff floating around.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarwursti
4th August 2011 6:14 PM
Just sat through it, very very interesting. Has confirmed and reinforced a few things, and raised some great points.

"Random Internet posters rarely provide enough data to understand the context of their tests, many of which are just conjecture." - Absolutely, anecdotal chest beating isn't repeatable controlled testing.

"Good copy sells and earns its own links, the payoff is there and with Panda, the incentives are stronger than ever to provide good content." - 100%, in otherwords in that dept, nothing has changed, your content has always been, and is still currently the most important aspect of your site.

"Links havent stopped working, Google has removed the perception of linear rewards for link building...SEO has just become more interesting."

If you want to delve deeper into panda, or have some serious worries, or maybe think you have been impacted, then definitely worth having a listen. As with all Panda info, it's still one mans conjecture, but it is backed up with a lot more substance than some of the fluff floating around.

Yes as long as you post interesting, useful and well written content on your website, you are likely to get a lot of links on your own. I am seeing this now with my blog and most of my clients - after Pand was rolled out internationally their rankings improved a lot. However, online I was only able to only read about how people lost a lot of their traffic and how horrible everything is

Af for the webinar, you both have a point the guy knows what he is talking about and I had seen some of the things on my own as well

What I like more is one of the articles i found out just below the video with all the linkbuilding tips after Panda. I will definitely bookmark this article and I find it very very impressive

I am glad you liked it, and better still appreciated the significance of it!

I've seen and spoken to a few experts but this guy spells it out very well.

I think there are some other onsite factors at play aswell

Measures of social interaction - likes and now google +1's

Also Google's most recent patent showed page views are now being considered or will be soon

Add to that
measures of document reading level
spelling errors
Known spinning patterns - such as "Lookup Motor Optimisation"

Put these all together and it means that you really need a good quality site to keep users on your site, and coming back. If you want to really succeed in the post panda world.

highlandspring

I liked the comments about

"taking a water pistol to a gun fight"!!!

highlandspring

Measures of social interaction - likes and now google +1's

Since we added the +1 code to our pages on 4 July, it has been steadily growing in an upward curve, and interestingly has just overtaken daily facebook likes which has been growing, but not at the same rate.

Whats also interesting, and I don't quite understand, in WMT, the +1 curve from our site is mirrored by the curve from other sites. Or if you look at the new +1's, the lines are very similar.

Its almost as if the more +1's our site generates, this in turn sparks an increase in +1's from other sources (I assume Googles search results). I'm not complaining, but I dont understand why, unless its just coincidence.

Confusing results, but I guess this is all early days.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarageina
11th October 2011 3:51 PM
Thank you for mentioning the webinar about Google's Panda. this will be totally helpful for webdesign at the cutting edge of the industry.

I might close with the words: "Don't look at PageRank!"

forum avatarflokwire
18th October 2011 10:26 PM
I liked the comments about

"taking a water pistol to a gun fight"!!!

Very interesting reference to google spammers, although the always seem to come back

Very good resource for knowing google panda. This google panda is quality filter to all the website. After listen to the video i learn a lot about google panda...

addyj672

This Thread is now closed for comments