Pick Up Charges at London City Airport

By : Forum Member
Published 21st March 2016 |
Read latest comment - 15th April 2016

Could this have been the quickest decision reversal?

On the same day they announced introduction of a £7.50 for 10 minutes charge to pick up passengers, it was then hastily reduced to £2.50.  Was this a case of new owners not understanding their market or not displaying any common sense?  

Makes the £1 fee at Birmingham appear a bargain, until you overstay the 10 minutes....

JuliaP
Comments

Ouch !!

Yep the Birmingham fee does seem good value, although it still peeves me.

Makes me smile when you come off the M42 and join the Coventry Road that a small que of cars are parked up, presumably waiting for a loved one to ring and say they are through Customs.

At £1 per 10 mins it doesnt take long to rack up a tidy parking fee for simply being in the pickup/drop off carpark. 

There is no consideration for anyone that has traveled some distance only to find that there is a delay on the arrival, even with the information being available online.

Clive

That's why I find somewhere close by and wait for arrival and phone them to see how they get on as Gatwick also has hefty charges

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I have never picked anyone up at the airport so I have never come across this...starting to feel a bit left out 

I have never picked anyone up at the airport so I have never come across this...starting to feel a bit left out 

I'm going away in June. Looking for a lift back at 2.30AM if you really want to? 

Clive

Could this have been the quickest decision reversal?

On the same day they announced introduction of a £7.50 for 10 minutes charge to pick up passengers, it was then hastily reduced to £2.50.  Was this a case of new owners not understanding their market or not displaying any common sense? ”

Sounds like somebody got shouted at very loudly!

Wish they would have a chat to the hospital parking people 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I get the need for the charges as its to pay for the extra security post 911, but the charges are not inline with the needs pf the passengers.

Parking will always be a premium at an airport but for dropping off/collecting passengers people are being ripped off.

Where do you go if you get to the airport a few minutes early to ensure you are not stuck in traffic?

Clive

I'm going away in June. Looking for a lift back at 2.30AM if you really want to? 

Sorry I'll be busy having a baby...possibly anyway. Haha

Sorry I'll be busy having a baby...possibly anyway. Haha

A forum baby 

So you've got hospital parking to look forward to  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

That's why I find somewhere close by and wait for arrival and phone them to see how they get on as Gatwick also has hefty charges”

Great tip in my book! 

Hope the airport fee goes away. Not entirely, though. Just for those who are picking up someone at the airport. It's one sure way to get ripped off and needs to be addressed. 

Thanks,
Gail Sims

This Thread is now closed for comments