Search Engine Optimisation for laymen and newbies

By Steve.Richardson : Administrator
Published 19th May 2020 | Last comment 1st December 2023
Comments

I canceled my Google ads a month ago and then did some content in some categories. I'm doing better now than I was before, but of course I can say that in advance.

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

Hey Steve, let me drop my hearty thanks for this precious focuses. Yeah, search engine optimization is pretty much integral part in the web world to reach out targeted audiences. And recently like before quality content is the top notch terms to get ranked in google or any other search engine. But only content is not the way of touching the goal while your competitors hold high authority. I found a made some great focuses indeed. I am not so well in seo terms. Can you bring a focus on Technical seo and also How can I change properly h1 tag for a home page whether it is based in WordPress or magento or shopify or even wix platform? Please...
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Paul0207

Can you bring a focus on Technical seo and also How can I change properly h1 tag for a home page whether it is based in WordPress or magento or shopify or even wix platform? Please...
Thanks in advance.”

Hi Paul

All the platforms you are talking about are third party so you will need to follow any guidance or help files relating to that platform. Things like changing H1 tags are normally pretty straightforward but can depend on the templates you are using when it comes to Wordpress. You may need to edit the template directly, but always make a copy of any files.

Afraid I've no experience of magento or shopify and wix last time I checked was a very simple WYSIWYG, but all should come with help, faq's or support.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarArchieDavidson
31st March 2022 7:35 AM

We as in Novus, really appreciate the information you provided. There's always to learn from fellow Search Engine Optimisers like you so thank you for the post!

ArchieDavidson

We as in Novus <link removed>, really appreciate the information you provided. There's always to learn from fellow Search Engine Optimisers like you so thank you for the post!”

This is why this post that was originally written donkey's years ago, is still relevant, because nothing has really changed!

Including SEO agencies like Novus outsourcing ineffective link building, such as link dumping on forums 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Great work! I remember when I started my career with SEO/ SEM services. Now I have two SEO experts in my company.

denydi

The Role of Keywords in Organic SEO: Finding the Right Words to Boost Your Visibility

The search engine optimization landscape is ever-evolving, but what unites all strategies is the importance of the keyword. Keywords in SEO play a pivotal role in driving organic traffic to websites, and understanding how to utilize them effectively will make a marked difference in how your business boosts brand visibility and audience attraction. 

Understanding Keywords in Organic SEO

Keywords are targeted words or phrases that reflect users' intent and interests when searching for information online. All search engines rely on keywords to understand and deliver relevant results, and by strategically incorporating keywords into website content or copy, businesses can increase their chances of appearing higher on SERPs and attracting potential customers. 

Keyword Research 

Effective keyword research is the foundation of organic SEO. It involves identifying the most relevant keywords for your business and target audience and implementing them in your site's metadata, copy, and other forms of business advertising. Start by brainstorming a list of potential keywords and phrases related to your products that accurately describe your services in the industry. Research tools like Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, or Mos Keyword Explorer are great resources that help analyze search volumes, competition, and potential traffic. 

Long-Tail Keywords

While broad keywords may generate high search volumes, they also face fierce competition. Long-tail keywords, on the other hand, are more specific and typically consist of three or more words that fully encapsulate your product or service. Although they have lower search volumes, they often demonstrate higher conversion rates due to their precise nature. 

Optimizing Keywords for Organic SEO

Once you've identified the relevant keywords, you can optimize your website for increased visibility. 

On-Page Optimization

On-page optimization involves optimizing various elements within your website to align with your selected keywords. Meta titles, meta descriptions, headings, URL structures, and image alt tags all emphasize your keyword bank amongst search engines. The more a search engine tags and recognizes your content as reliable and relevant, the more likelihood of ranking higher on SERPs. 

High-Quality Content

Content is king in the world of SEO. If there is no content to drive audience interest and conversion rates, having keywords without it is like having a book title with no pages. Creating high-quality, informative, and engaging content that incorporates targeted keywords naturally will convey to your audience that you're on top of marketing trends, current, and interested in reaching out to potential readers and customers. When search engines recognize the relevance and value of your content, they are more likely to rank it higher in search results. 

Mobile Optimization

Optimizing your website for handheld devices is vital in an increasingly mobile-centric world. Most searches are conducted via smartphones and tablets, and search engines love prioritizing mobile-friendly websites in their rankings to control traffic. Optimizing your website's design to ensure a responsive load-out across different devices will provide a better user experience and extend the reach of your keywords immensely. 

Link Building

Keywords aren't just tags you hide in your meta-data to appeal to search engines. A high-quality, authoritative network of backlinks across your website is an essential part of organic SEO marketing that will contribute to your keyword bank and increase your credibility amongst high-ranking businesses. When reputable websites link to your content, search engines view your website as more trustworthy and relevant, and to get more approving eyes on your brand, you'll need extensive keywords to ensnare attention across the board. 

It's important to remember that SEO is an ongoing process. Regularly monitor and analyze keyword performance, adapt to changes in search algorithms, and refine your strategies accordingly. Stay informed about emerging trends and evolving user behaviors to remain competitive online.

By incorporating these strategies and continually optimizing your website, you can unlock the potential of keywords in organic SEO and achieve long-term success in driving targeted, organic traffic to your website.

Hey there!

Thanks,
PowerMarketingInternational