What precautions should I take while travelling during the Corona-Virus Disease Outbreak?

By : Forum Member
Published 16th October 2020 |
Read latest comment - 6th November 2020

Recommendations for international travelers. Perform hand hygiene frequently, particularly after contact with respiratory secretions. Hand hygiene includes either cleaning hands with soap and water or with an alcohol-based hand rub. Alcohol-based hand rubs are preferred if hands are not visibly soiled; wash hands with soap and water when they are visibly soiled; Cover your nose and mouth with a flexed elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing and disposing immediately of the tissue and performing hand hygiene; Refrain from touching mouth and nose; A medical mask is not required if exhibiting no symptoms, as there is no evidence that wearing a mask – of any type – protects non-sick persons. However, in some cultures, masks may be commonly worn. If masks are to be worn, it is critical to follow best practices on how to wear, remove and dispose of them and on hand hygiene after removal

As for any travel, travelers are also advised to follow proper food hygiene practices, including the five keys for food safety, as well as recommendations to reduce the risk of transmission of emerging pathogens from animals to humans in live markets.

redstone
Comments

You say a mask isn't required... But that depends on local guidelines and laws surely? In the UK you have to wear one on all flights and public transport of any kind. Plus most indoor public places. And until you are seated in restaurants and bars.

Every country has its own rules so it's important to familiarise yourself with them if you're travelling. 

You say a mask isn't required... But that depends on local guidelines and laws surely? In the UK you have to wear one on all flights and public transport of any kind. Plus most indoor public places. And until you are seated in restaurants and bars.

Every country has its own rules so it's important to familiarise yourself with them if you're travelling. ”

Definitely! Also, it is important to know the travel health notices, your travel risk, and when a need to delay travel. Traveling is really different nowadays and we need to really adjust to the changes. So, anybody can share their travel tips?

redstone

So, anybody can share their travel tips?

Well as from tomorrow, I will be travelling from the bedroom to the study, and then back again, with a detour past the fridge.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Well as from tomorrow, I will be travelling from the bedroom to the study, and then back again, with a detour past the fridge.

I will make it out on the school run twice a day but seeing as I hate that it isn't exactly great....

This Thread is now closed for comments