Why are some days so much better than others?
When you think about good days it isn’t always that only good things happened, sometimes you can be exhausted and on paper it should be a terrible day but somehow you are productive, and it works out well.
The difference is usually your mindset! Obviously, some things will always make a day bad but often annoyances and less than helpful incidents can be handled if you approach them in the right way.
So, what are the elements of your day that you CAN control to give you the best chance at a good start?
Here are some ideas:
- Wake up in good time – if you need a few mins to come round before you actually get out of bed then leave enough time to do that, don’t rush yourself.
- Drink water upon waking, it can really help.
- Play some music as you’re waking up to motivate you or make you smile. It can become more upbeat as you move about.
- Prep the night before, if you need to make lunches and get school clothes ready, do it!
- Have a good breakfast of something you like and that will give you right kind of energy.
- Do some exercises or stretches, it doesn’t have to be much, or it can be a whole yoga routine, but moving your body will help set you up for the day.
You can’t control everything that happens in your day, but you can set the scene and give yourself the best possible chance at a good one.
Do you do any of these things already?