Here's a great article from Marketing Week and well worth a read.
The headline stats are:
- Brits spend £2.1bn more on lager, wine and spirits in 2020
- Consumer confidence rebounds amid vaccine rollout
- UK marketers set to lose £1.2bn due to ad fraud
- One in five see no difference between YouTube and TV
- Super Saturday shopper traffic down 40%
No great surprises about alcohol consumption after this year! But interesting that one in five doesn't see any difference between YouTube and the TV. That will no doubt dramatically change as more youngsters overtake us ageing dinosaurs. My own kids would sooner watch YouTube rather than TV channels.
I don't get it myself, but that's because I'm old