altavista? is it still around?

Yup, though you could also call it Yahoo

AltaVista or is it Yahoo! Search

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatargetmydealuk
24th January 2012 2:24 PM
It Has to be Google. Though there are lost, probably hundreds of search engines out there, Google holds 40% of the entire market! Thats a huge percentage! Plus there are Google powered search bars on most sites to search through there directories/content. And finally if people want to know an answer, its a household saying to "Google it"

It's depend on you that which search engine you want to target for your website. I use Google for my websites because

* Most popular and searchable search engine in world
* Have largest database
* Provide Broad results related to your searches
* Provide huge traffic on your website
* Provide many services like Google webmaster tool.. etc, which help in promotion of your website

heenakapoor

forum avatarelectra
10th March 2012 12:17 PM
I would recommend google but you should try all the search engines before you decide, and pick them yourself. See which one suits you the most!

Google is the obvious but I am thinking that Bing is converting at a higher percentage (at least with ppc, but should still be the same with seo)

The way I see it, if people use Firefox if you search in the url bar you search google automatically, now if you search (or mistype) in IE then it goes straight to Bing...

Less Tech savy people use IE so I am just connecting some dots in my head

JamesK

you must choose this according to your requirements. If you optimize your site for google then you must check for google instead of any other search engine.

sara4u

Ok, I think we get it, it's Google!

Closing thread as its well and truly run it's course

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments