Smartphone & Business emails

By : Forum Member
Published 26th April 2012 |
Read latest comment - 30th April 2012

Finally, I have just worked out how to receive business emails on my smartphone. Now I cannot work out how to access the settings. Emails are pinging through 10 to the dozen!

Firstly, I only really want it to be active whilst I am away from work. Is there a way of choosing an on/off?

Also, if they are on constantly, am I drawing on my web allowance all the time my phone is on?

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155
Comments
And why, oh why don't the manuals give you this information in the first place!

Writing customer manuals that actually meet customers' needs is a job for a good Technical Author. I reckon most technical manuals get written by the techies (who don't enjoy the job and can't understand why users get so easily flummoxed).

When I've been buying new kit, one of the criteria was usually whether there was a good manual to explain it. I can't be the only customer like this - so why are most manuals so B***** awful?

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

WE set up our phones so we manually call up the emails, something to do on the bus.

Mark Pitts

I have found the settings, keep changing them to "no alerts", but it just ignores that, and reverts to "check every 5 minutes", and "alert when email received".

I can't even find how to delete it all!

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

Are you talking about an iPhone?

I've got my biz and personal mail accounts on there, and its set to push, so it brings any new mail down, but only upto 3 days old.

Don't get any alerts of new mail, (haven't seen this option) other than the number changing in the email icon, and from what I've seen, it has minimal impact on my data usage, although I rarely use the browser (most of the time it's too slow!).

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hello Steve, good to see you're back from IOW. Whereabouts did you go?

I wrote to Carphone Warehouse on Friday about my Samsung Galaxy, and have received this reply this morning:

Unfortunately we are unable to edit the settings on the handset to be able to only retrieve emails at certain times, your emails would be received on your handset as and when they are sent.

If you wish to only receive emails on your handset at certain times you are able to disable the internet connection, as when your internet connection is disabled you will no longer be able to retrieve emails.

I have since found out how to delete this email account - peace at last!

It appears that, if I ever take a holiday in the future, I shall have to replace my handset.

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

Glad to see you got it cracked, and when you're on your hols, leave your phone at home

Stayed Nodes Point just outside of Ryde.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments