Anyone used Wix?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 20th September 2017 |
Read latest comment - 9th November 2018

I am looking at finally sorting out my website and I wondered about Wix as an alternative to WordPress, I heard it was good. I can't afford to have someone do it for me so has anyone got any experiences of Wix for me? 

Thanks 

Comments

Sorry no ... but zencart yes - which is no help to you though

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Sorry no ... but zencart yes - which is no help to you though”

Hahaha thanks anyway Andy.

I don't need a shop, just something very simple. 

Wix is what it is, free  Personally I think it's awful, we get loads of listings with Wix sites and I haven't seen a good one yet.

If you have cracked wordpress, can't you stick with that? Gives you much more flexibility and looks much more professional.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Wix is what it is, free  Personally I think it's awful, we get loads of listings with Wix sites and I haven't seen a good one yet.

If you have cracked wordpress, can't you stick with that? Gives you much more flexibility and looks much more professional.”

Oh. Well I haven't cracked WordPress or even tried it. It was a web designer that recommended Wix

As much as I hate wordpress , it is very easy to get along with as most of it is like plug and play and it does just about all of the work behind the scenes so you don't have to.. First off just search "wordpress templates" and you'll see most of them have demo's (if I remember correctly) so you can see how they work ..If not you can install and see for yourself .

Would be happy to try and help if needed

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Thanks Andy! I'll have a look when I get a chance and then bug you with annoying questions

It was a web designer that recommended Wix

Now that's really worrying! That's like a professional chef recommending MacDonald's  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Now that's really worrying! That's like a professional chef recommending MacDonald's  

Yikes.....although I do like their new posh burgers

Wondering if you have decided on a solution yet for yourself.

Still haven't built my jewellery site ,just been plain lazy this last year .. I was thinking of trying a different approach to see if it helps any

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments