Page ranks in other than Google

By : Growing Business
Published 9th August 2012 |
Read latest comment - 2nd March 2013

My website has page rank on Google but not in Bing and Yahoo. How would I gain page ranks on other search engines?

eastvantage
Comments
My website has page rank on Google but not in Bing and Yahoo. How would I gain page ranks on other search engines?

Not sure I understand you? PageRank is a Google marketing term, specific only to them.

Do you mean Bing or Yahoo equivalents? No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a Bing or Yahoo comparison?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi,

I never heard or Bing or Yahoo page rank either. I wouldn't worry too much about Google Page. There are 2 types, actual page rank which Google keeps to itself and toolbar page rank which is a number from 0 - 10.
This only gets updated about every 6 months so not really a figure to worry about.

rogerweavers

Hi,

I never heard or Bing or Yahoo page rank either. I wouldn't worry too much about Google Page. There are 2 types, actual page rank which Google keeps to itself and toolbar page rank which is a number from 0 - 10.
This only gets updated about every 6 months so not really a figure to worry about.

that's exactly what i meant, that's why i've typed the words "page" and "rank" separately. oh i see, so it gets updated every 6 months and not every month? thanks for letting us know!

eastvantage

Till now, I didn't hear about Bing and yahoo Page Rank.

nashir

Not sure I understand you? PageRank is a Google marketing term, specific only to them.

Do you mean Bing or Yahoo equivalents? No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a Bing or Yahoo comparison?

Steve is correct in this - Page Rank is a Google specific measurement.

However, don't be disheartened by this as having a decent Google PR doesn't mean that as Bing wont be influenced by this that it wont matter. Google and Bing are remarkably similar - so building two different sites/pages to separately target the two engines would appear to be a waste of energy.

Recent studies suggest that Bing seems to be moving much closer to Google over time - so how are they doing that? Are they looking at similar factors? Is their algorithm similar? If so, then the importance of your page as deemed by Google my well be influencing Bings results - although I find it hard to believe that a Google patented page ranking method would carry similar weight with Microsoft

Paul Myers

Did a post back in July 2010 that identified differences between Bing and Google. Main crux seemed to be optimise for Google, and all else will be fine, but at the time there were subtle differences between Bing and Google.

I wonder how it stacks up in mid 2012, and if their algo's have moved closer together?

On Page SEO

eg H1 tags, canonical issues (does your site show as www and non www address)

Bings algorythm seems to weigh heavily compared to Google in onsite factors. In otherwords, Google is more forgiving if your onsite SEO has a few holes in it.

Domain Profile

eg domain age, number of indexed pages, server location/geographic location

These factors don't appear to be as important with Bing as they are with Google.

Keywords in Domain Name

Using targeted keywords in your domain names offers some strong advantages in Bing SEO compared to Google.

Link Analysis: Comparison of Off-site Related Factors

Google is known to rely strongly on link analysis and quality of links

To rank in Bing, you need more links using the targeted keywords in anchor text. The more exact, the greater will be the impact. You will need to concentrate on getting a high percentage of links that contain the targeted keywords in the anchor text.

http://www.mylocalforums.com/bing-topics/1357-optimising-your-website-bing.html

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarRafaelJames
28th January 2013 4:08 AM
You don't need to rank your website's page on other search engines like Bing or Yahoo, because Google is the best search for the website indexing. Google have maximum number of visitors on different websites.

RafaelJames

Google did an interesting sting operation on Microsoft last year:

Google claims that Microsoft

neil@camisonline

PR is entirely the term we usually use for Google assigned rankings to the website. As far as the Yahoo and Bing is concern they are having alot more distance from the Big G as it is the leader of the house. So they both (Bing and Yahoo) do not have any specific term PR so far. We might expect them to assign rankings to the websites in future.

pentawebexperts

This Thread is now closed for comments