Is blog commenting really important for SEO??

By eastvantage : Growing Business
Published 29th August 2012 | Last comment 31st August 2013
Comments
Albert Einstein.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I think by this definition perhaps I stand by insanity.

AlanF

If you're manually commenting on high pr, dofollow blogs then yes it is worthwhile. However, if you're blasting hundreds of low quality spam blogs then you'll just hurt your site.

wnye

You should really have a mixture of nofollow and dofollow to keep your link profile looking as natural as possible

rogerweavers

Yes Blog commenting brings huge traffic and increase link popularity.

Instead of one liners, why not give us an example? Can you show us an example of a blog comment that brought you loads of traffic?

This could be a good example of how to do it.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This is the time to refresh our mind because Google want to do that.

- Huge of blog comments with same keyword will harm your website ranking.
- Commenting in spammy website may harm
- Blog commenting in irreverent content or article may harm

- Do blog comment in relevant article with various keywords still help your website.

DerekHitch

It's another link building method. However, it's my least preferred.

Ryan

Blog commenting can bring a lot of traffic to your website as well as help your search engine rankings if you comment on active blogs, but I think it works better in some niches than in others.
When I start an SEO project I do a lot of competitor analysis to see what is working for others.

rogerweavers

Blog Commenting in mass is not effective at all and is technically spam, however leaving genuine blog comments using your name rather than anchor text seems to be ok at the moment.

Be clever about it and make sure you don

Thanks,
Kevin.Wiles

forum avatarRafaelJames
27th February 2013 3:47 AM
Yes, blog commenting is important because it provides quality back links to high PR websites. Many of the blogs are submitted on high PR websites which is beneficial for website's promotion on search engines.

RafaelJames

Is blog commenting really important for SEO?? Well, it's just seem hard to find blog sites that have lots of commentator. Of course, you'd choose a blog that has lots of reader... so i'd really like to know if blog commenting is really that important as I'm not doing it very often to optimise my website.

Blog commenting is one of the good way of creating web link for your site. Such links are beneficial for your site if these are dofollow and relevant. One more thing which is affected that number of comments on the blog you are commenting should be less as much as possible but it is not possible because numbers of comments on the blogs will increases and the link Juice you get from that link will be distributed among the multiple site.

dollybroun

This Thread is now closed for comments