Is blog commenting really important for SEO??

By : Growing Business
Published 29th August 2012 |
Read latest comment - 31st August 2013

Is blog commenting really important for SEO?? Well, it's just seem hard to find blog sites that have lots of commentator. Of course, you'd choose a blog that has lots of reader... so i'd really like to know if blog commenting is really that important as I'm not doing it very often to optimise my website.

eastvantage
Comments
Hi

You shouldn't look at blog commenting as a link building method, but rather, a way to add value to someone else's blog by way of commenting/ discussing. There is a fine line between commenting for seo and spam and you need to be careful that you don't cross over to the realms of spam. Find useful articles on your niche and if you feel you can add value by commenting then feel free to do so.

kev

50cents

forum avatarGilesfuchs
4th September 2012 8:44 AM
Is blog commenting really important for SEO?? Well, it's just seem hard to find blog sites that have lots of commentator. Of course, you'd choose a blog that has lots of reader... so i'd really like to know if blog commenting is really that important as I'm not doing it very often to optimise my website.

Don't you see the difference between Optimizing and Link-building?

Gilesfuchs

Blog commenting is essential to my SEO campaigns for 2 reasons:

1. It allows me to get a relatively large amount of links, using different anchor texts to get much needed anchor text variation (this is something you need after the Google Panda update)
2. If you make a relevant post on a related blog then you can end up getting referral traffic from that site as well.

Just make sure not to spam, add to the post or other peoples comments!

OLBNow

Very important for SEO. There are agencies which hire writers to write specifically about their products and post atleast one to two blogs everyday with different anchor texts linking to the relevant pages.

kennyschwimmer

Every small stuffs are important for seo mainly commenting for articles, blogs etc.. because that is a easy way to share our website. suppose if we are dealing with some financial website then we can search for many financial blogs and say our views through our blogs its just helping then as well as helping us.

kathydevis

Blog commenting should be used as part of your overall SEO strategy. Not only is this useful for backlinks to improve your rankings but it can also drive traffic to your website providing you make relevant and useful comments.

rogerweavers

Being realistic, we are all looking for links. Even though some people may make it look relevant, most are trying to get links. Necessary evil of modern internet life (in my opinion).

Ryan

You are all insane wanting to get links for SEO purposes, those days have gone. And doubly insane for thinking blog commenting will give you any backlink benefits.

It is valid to comment on blogs if you have something to add, and you may well get referral traffic.

For instance, I often visit blogs that have snippets of code, then when I implement that code and improve on it ( as is sometimes the case) I will blog comment thanking the author, pointing out the changes and linking to my blog. That gets real, relevant refrral traffic (not from a search engine, so isn't SEO).

But spamming blogs comments is just a waste of time, a year a go you might have got some temporary benefit, now you just run the risk of getting a bad backlink profile.

AlanF

It is valid to comment on blogs if you have something to add, and you may well get referral traffic.

A very valid and often overlooked point. It's actually rewarding to comment on a blog of a perceived expert in their field and feel like you are contributing, rather than quick one liners and a link, which cheapens the article, and most decent authors would probarbly delete to preserve genuine interaction.

Enjoying your posts Alan. Insane may be a tad sharp, but a good read all the same

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments