Is blog commenting really important for SEO??

By eastvantage : Growing Business
Published 29th August 2012 | Last comment 31st August 2013
Comments
is it really important ? I dont think so

LauraRa

is it really important ? I dont think so

Why do you think that its not important?

I have been trailing around looking at your recent posts, anymore of these, and I will need to start writing out infraction tickets

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Yes i would say that blog commenting is having a good weight-age but remember one thing go for good PR blog. Also try to comment on .org and .gov sites which will help you to get the good and quality backlink.

marlonmark

I have read many of the views people have shared here about the blog commenting. My point is exactly the same as many of the fellows have said. yes blog commenting is still useful for link building but there are some other concerns that should be considered before commenting.

The blog should not have much more comments as that provides many spammers to comment on not related to the blog but to get only a back link which is really look spamming. Do not bother it and do not comment on those blogs.

Secondly as said above one should consider commenting those blogs which are related to your web site or products and vice verse. Other wise the links would not helpful anymore as they would be not site wide links.

Thirdly it is really very tough to get a back link from a blog site as most of the moderators are following the restrict approval criteria. Thus everyone cannot see its comments approved by the moderators.

Although there may be some other factors present in blog commenting industry which may be or may be not discourage the commentators stop doing the commenting on the blogs but still i have examined may of the tycoons from the seo industry that are still used to it.

pentawebexperts

Blog commenting is also a major part of SEO..If you want to build a good backlinks then must do blog commenting...It's too much essential for every website..It's a off page technique which is very beneficial for a website..

I wouldn't call it a major part of SEO, and it's only a decent backlink if the blog is relevant and not spammed to death.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

because after the penguin updations google says don't make too much hyperlink on keywords..If we'll not targeting keywords then how can i get good ranking on google...??

I'm afraid the shortcuts and easy routes are disappearing, so why not do it the old fashioned way and concentrate on decent quality, and then let people link to you naturally...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Yes! Dofollow and Relevant Blogs comments are really Important in SEO. Because this is only free and easy way to build Quality Links that Google Really want for Ranking.

angelajason06

but why people shares our link?? because have watched not much people share links on your profile..they mostly share news related info always...not unique websites...I'm too confused in natural linking...

It depends on your content and what you say to people. If you're trying to sell something to someone and they're not liking, linking to your blog post etc, then there is something wrong with the balance of your post. I love to read blogs, but seldom hang around long enough if:
  • A blog post is keyword stuffed, or is written in really bad, broken English
  • I can clearly see that the content has been spun
  • There is no imagery to back up posts/statements/information
  • and if its filled with enormous words that I would need a dictionary with me to decipher the post.

It works the same way if you're blog commenting. If you add a link to a page mentioned above, your site will be hurt more than helped by the links added to it.

Yes! Dofollow and Relevant Blogs comments are really Important in SEO. Because this is only free and easy way to build Quality Links that Google Really want for Ranking.

thumbsdown again? In all honesty I have to disagree here yet again. With preconceptions like these, I can see why most blogs are now favoring no-follow instead. This poor horse is being flogged to death already.

Blog commenting (IMHO) is not about getting to a blog to place a link to your site ASAP, simply because its relevant and the mythical dofollow. Its about engaging with the person that wrote the blog and sharing interesting points, insights or information about what they wrote about. If you comment on blogs simply because you want a backlink, then you may as well try your hand at forum spamming, as it will more or less give you the same results. No links and endless frustration (well, on this forum at least). While I was blogging, I had people follow me, and answer my posts and that is what mattered to me the most. Knowing that someone took something good away from what I wrote about. Some even got into long winded discussions, which was truly awesome.

In its essence, that is what blogging is all about to me. Its like a forum, but with much bigger posts, and targeted to people in your niche. Gunning them simply because they can help you climb ranks, is seriously the wrong way of doing things. (IMHO as always)

Thanks,
Dreamraven

blog commenting is useful for seo if you use it with good researching skills. In seo proper posting matters alot. Else you will just get traffic not improvement in business on your website.

serviceproz

Because its a free directory. There are a lot of netherworld seo's that use these to boost their rankings, and when they find one that works well for them, they tell all the other seo's all about it.

Forgive my cynicism, but I believe that this is one of the reasons directories are so depreciated. Where they're meant to be helpful, other SEO's find it to be a tool of Google autonomy. As for promotion? I would go about it the same way you would any other site, but don't follow the generic. Find interesting and new ways of using these areas (be it social networking, blogging, squidoo lenses, Youtube etc.). Take part in forums, not just register and post haphazardly to get a signature, the same with blog commenting. Take your time to read what the person has written and ask them compelling questions, that could spark a conversation. The more you talk to a person the better it gets, because not only do you have more links pointing back, but you show people reading the blog comments that you are an authority, you are not just there for a link, and that you give a fluff about what the person wrote.

2 words lol Web Reputation. The better it is, the better your company is seen online.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

This Thread is now closed for comments