forum avatar

what is keyword prominence?

By
Published 29th November 2012 |
Read latest comment - 1st August 2013

hi, I am Irfan any one can tell me what is keyword prominence, I am worry about this.

irfan.nezami
Comments
hi, I am Irfan any one can tell me what is keyword prominence, I am worry about this.

I have the answer!
Keyword Prominence

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

When writing my blog, I was advised to start the title of each item with the relevant keyword phrase and repeat that phrase in the first sentence (eg Student Careers Advice That Works in 2010).

This approach seems to work (at least for a short while); the articles often get to pge 1 for the Google UK results.

The focus on getting page 1 placings means my stuff doesn't read brilliantly well but it's "good enough".

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

@sjr4x4 I really like your solution.

Irfan in simple words Keywords Prominence is placement of your keywords in all prominent places. Like you should include it in your page URL, title, in the first few lines of content, headings etc.

Amelia Brooke

@sjr4x4 I really like your solution.

Irfan in simple words Keywords Prominence is placement of your keywords in all prominent places. Like you should include it in your page URL, title, in the first few lines of content, headings etc.

That is really a good answer with some good examples but i wish to add some more contents that are really important one; The first thing is that you might have many prominent places where one wish to place his keywords but it is for sure to not indulge in keyword stuffing activities like do not place the keywords more than 2 4 % or the total words used in a blog or article.

Secondly it is advised to place the keywords in the first line of the first paragraph and in the last paragraph to get some good results.

pentawebexperts

forum avatarRafaelJames
19th December 2012 5:51 AM
Keyword Prominence is meant to place & usage of keywords in content. A keyword is place after how many words & characters and it is used in proper place in content.

RafaelJames

Keyword Prominence means, you use keyword between 60 characters in title.
Use keyword between 150 characters in meta descriptions.

nashir

This is one of the most important factor while implementing the keywords on pages. In general terms, Keyword Prominence is how close the primary keyword appears. Place your keyword in title, description and the header tags. Plus, put your primary keyword at the very beginning of the text.

andreww22

This Thread is now closed for comments