What is the best method to get customers online in Iran on your Website

By : Business Start Up
Published 2nd September 2013 |
Read latest comment - 23rd September 2013

Hello webmasters,
My name is Mark. I am a Business Owner and running a business in Iran. I want to increase my presence online and doing some research on internet about what is the best method of getting traffic towards my business. I need local Traffic from Iran on my business site. So please give me some suggestions.

markhunt912
Comments
I`d say Fiverr

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

Hello webmasters,
My name is Mark. I am a Business Owner and running a business in Iran. I want to increase my presence online and doing some research on internet about what is the best method of getting traffic towards my business. I need local Traffic from Iran on my business site. So please give me some suggestions.

You could run an adwords campaign and target Iran.

alldaypa

Hi Mark

Well that's a first, targeted Iranian traffic!

I guess a lot of it depends on any local policies and politics. From our Western media the impression we get is the UK and USA are public enemy number 1, so does Google have the predominance in Iran as it does across other countries?

Or does it come under some kind of embargo restrictions? No point optimising for the Google god if he's been outranked by local competition, like it has in China.

As a UK and US forum, I'm ot sure you're in the right place, but interesting thread

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

one more idea - Microworkers, and choose the option that you want only visitors from Iran, but you should pay for this

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

hm... quite interesting, probably I would start by knowing my potential customers:
Who are they?
What are they interested in?
What are they searching for? -google trends, insights, google adwords keyword tool
What do they consider ethical? (I don't know your business but I find this issue important)
Which are the first sites ranking high in Iran? alexa.com could help you in this.
And probably after gathering the information I would start with adwords, but just 1 month to test it.
You could analyse your competitors, to find out their recipe. It's even better if your competitors are 100% Iranian companies. They surely know what their fellow citizens want .

Thanks,
Elisabeth

Hi Mark

Well that's a first, targeted Iranian traffic!

I guess a lot of it depends on any local policies and politics. From our Western media the impression we get is the UK and USA are public enemy number 1, so does Google have the predominance in Iran as it does across other countries?

Or does it come under some kind of embargo restrictions? No point optimising for the Google god if he's been outranked by local competition, like it has in China.

As a UK and US forum, I'm ot sure you're in the right place, but interesting thread

Thanks Everyone for your response
Ya thats the problem if i go into Google Adwords and look at the Keyword research tool i don't find Iran in the countries list to target. Since i don't see any other option then this that i find more local business listing websites in Iran and place my business listing there. If anyone can suggest any other option, it will be appriciated.

markhunt912

I would go with ad words, but also why not just do seo, people from Iran will find your site aswell, and maybe you can expand abroad.

gpurdey

This Thread is now closed for comments