Petrol set to increase again!

By : Forum Member
Published 19th March 2010 |
Read latest comment - 20th March 2010

Not sure really if i should put this in to a rant, depends how i get on lol

Just been reading the news, petrol/diesel set to soar again, dont know about you but ive seen a 4p increase in a litre in the past 2 weeks and its going to get worse when a 3p Duty increase comes into force on 1st April (no its not an April fool :P) full article - Petrol soars 4p ahead of tax hike - *UK News - MSN News UK

This of course means eveything else will increase as businesses struggle to cope with delivery costs etc How is this going to affect your business?

Having just bought a newish diesel family hatch, that gives me around 45mpg i was looking forward to lopping off a bit of my monthly petrol bill - doesnt look that way as the savings i was looking forward to are about to be swallowed up in Tax

Looking back maybe i should have bought one of those Toyota Hybrids, that should have been cheap - talking of which thats gone quiet now the News is bleating about other things ......

Clive
Comments
I'm not crying too much as (1) I can't drive and (2) I've just been approved for these babies and am eagerly awaiting my test-drive.

VirtuallyMary

I am an engineeringgadget nut and the tech on that beast is sweet. I cant figure out how the sensors translate the minut hand movements in to motion.
very smart though.

Please tell me it come with a flamed paint job as an optional extra.

anyway back to fuel prices dont get it petrol is rock bottom and we are getting hammered. Grrrrr

Stavros

I'll have to ask the wife.. having passed my test 7 years ago and never driven since she be able to tell me if the price of petrol is bad or not. All I know is that each month I hand over a wedge of cash and I never get any change

Credit-Manager.Net

As I understand it, each wheel is in two parts - a wheel with a tyre on it, and then a push-rim that's maybe an inch smaller in diameter. Both connect in to the battery, gearing, and general voodoo in the hub. So any pressure on the rim, has to go via the hub and associated trickery before it gets to the wheel. The biggest challenge will be stopping my other half from dismantling it.

As for the petrol, no idea. I could understand if it had stayed the same price - once you've trained your market to accept paying over

VirtuallyMary

Fuel prices groan... 28 MPG...

I'll have to ask the wife.. having passed my test 7 years ago and never driven since she be able to tell me if the price of petrol is bad or not. All I know is that each month I hand over a wedge of cash and I never get any change

So you have a permanent chauffer? How lucky are you!

I'm not crying too much as (1) I can't drive and (2) I've just been approved for these babies and am eagerly awaiting my test-drive.

Looks very clever "A Normal wheelchair with extra thrust". I have an economy version, a swivel chair and a bowl of chilli

On a serious note though, this is going to hurt a lot of businesses, imagine couriers, hauliers, mobile type businesses. Fuel prices I mean, not me in a swivel chair...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarKip FX Design
19th March 2010 6:06 PM

Make sure you test it to destruction Mary, my father was the Sales Director for Horizon Mobility, and far too many people tested for a few hundred yards, take it to the awkward places, high ramps, hills, awkward shops, the rep will want a sale and will follow with a smile on his face

I was the National Service Manager, so I had all the after sales side, mis-sold etc aswell, test it to its absolute worst, if it passes, your on to a wheely good winner

As a small company, its already crippling us the the fuel charges. 25% of our shop trade is local home delivery, ok its local and a round trip to one customer may average 25 miles.

We now have to decide how we do this side of the business, as prices drop on our products, we also drop the prices. Lest take an average minimum order. of

sean44mc

forum avatarKip FX Design
19th March 2010 7:44 PM
There is no such thing as a daft question Sean, some of us on here (me included) work the web all day, so better to ask us, and I ask a fish monger about fish, you keep asking away buddy!

And great news about 16 new clients! That's a great 'catch'!

thanks for that, makes me feel better about asking.

sean

sean44mc

This Thread is now closed for comments