SEO assistance

By : Forum Member
Published 18th March 2016 |
Read latest comment - 15th April 2016

hi fellow forum folks I'm having issues regarding my SEO and contributing factors on my website I could pay to get this fixed but as not employed (mental health related) I cannot afford to have my site overhauled could I ask if there's any assistance out there for folks like myself struggling. And when they say come build a website it's easy they don't explain you have to learn Java script css file configuration etc etc thank you 

English bulldog collectibles
Bulldog Blog
Comments

Hi Ave

Blimey, where to start!

In an ideal world, a business has a budget, and for the skills you don't have in-house, you outsource them. Unfortunately that doesn't reflect the reality for a lot of hobby or lifestyle businesses. But if you have time on your side, semi technically minded, have plenty of patience, then there is no reason why you can't pick plenty of stuff up.

First things first, start with the website. 

Ask for some website feedback - What do you think of my Website?

Be honest, and say what your limitations are if you are the one who is responsible for the site, but it may be that some relative simple things can be addressed by some tweaking which will improve your onpage SEO.

Next thing, brush up on your SEO knowledge. How advanced are you? 

I did a blog post called SEO 101 for laymen and newbies which in various formats has helped a few people over the years. If you are happy with all of these concepts and how to apply them, then you are half way there. There are also some good links to further SEO resources.

We also have an SEO education section which might help.

Likewise happy to field any specific questions if there is something in particular that is causing problems, or you want to discuss the next level such as building citations or structured data.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hi Ave

Blimey, where to start!

In an ideal world, a business has a budget, and for the skills you don't have in-house, you outsource them. Unfortunately that doesn't reflect the reality for a lot of hobby or lifestyle businesses. But if you have time on your side, semi technically minded, have plenty of patience, then there is no reason why you can't pick plenty of stuff up.

First things first, start with the website. 

Ask for some website feedback - What do you think of my Website?

Be honest, and say what your limitations are if you are the one who is responsible for the site, but it may be that some relative simple things can be addressed by some tweaking which will improve your onpage SEO.

Next thing, brush up on your SEO knowledge. How advanced are you? 

I did a blog post called SEO 101 for laymen and newbies which in various formats has helped a few people over the years. If you are happy with all of these concepts and how to apply them, then you are half way there. There are also some good links to further SEO resources.

We also have an SEO education section which might help.

Likewise happy to field any specific questions if there is something in particular that is causing problems, or you want to discuss the next level such as building citations or structured data.”

It's not that much of a problem at the moment I'm hoping to be getting some help soon with the layout I've had errors saying I need to combine my Java script etc it's this jargon I'm stuck on at the mo and how to go about it I'm currently looking for any plug ins that may help with this 

Bulldog Blog

Hi eiffion,

If you are not a code savvy and technical person. I would like to suggest you to choose the platform for website development which provide easy website builder template/theme and SEO implementation features.

Or if you want customized website development you should hire technical experts. You can share your website with us for error fixes.  

I also appreciate Steve's suggestions to brush up SEO knowledge.

Thanks,
adefowora

Hi eiffion,

If you are not a code savvy and technical person. I would like to suggest you to choose the platform for website development which provide easy website builder template/theme and SEO implementation features.

Or if you want customized website development you should hire technical experts. You can share your website with us for error fixes.  

I also appreciate Steve's suggestions to brush up SEO knowledge.

Thank you ma'am I will taking a few lessens to brush up on SEO no wait to learn about SEO as I have not done my own before it's not that pressing at the moment and a freelance blogger I've met has offered to help me knowing I have mental health issues he's offered to assist me until my website is running smoothly it's maiming learning how to condense files and get my header codes right but I'll get there I got this far lol 

Bulldog Blog

hi fellow forum folks I'm having issues regarding my SEO and contributing factors on my website I could pay to get this fixed but as not employed (mental health related) I cannot afford to have my site overhauled could I ask if there's any assistance out there for folks like myself struggling. And when they say come build a website it's easy they don't explain you have to learn Java script css file configuration etc etc thank you 

”

Did a quick check on your loading speeds and they are awful, improve this and it should help, resize your H2 to approx 50 characters. Okay. Change your H1 to bulldog collectibles from antiques to vintage art.

Most businesses forget all about loading speeds.

Did a quick check on your loading speeds and they are awful, improve this and it should help, resize your H2 to approx 50 characters. Okay. Change your H1 to bulldog collectibles from antiques to vintage art.

Most businesses forget all about loading speeds.

Hi and thank you I've taken a shot of this so to re read till I understand it properly

Bulldog Blog

This Thread is now closed for comments