SCAM - Action Pending Against You: The UK Non GDPR Compliance Register

By : Administrator
Published 19th December 2018 |
Read latest comment - 19th January 2019

Had any non GDPR compliance threats? If you have, no doubt it reads something like this:

Notification from the UK Non Compliance Register.

To the owner of www.mylocalservices.co.uk

It has come to our attention that your company is not GDPR compliant.

As your company is not GDPR compliant your company has now been entered onto the Non Compliance Register for the UK.

Your company is under review and may be reported to the ICO for non GDPR compliance as required by the GDPR compliance law passed on 25th May 2018

The Non Compliance Register is a FREE public service that is available to any member of the public.

The public can search the register to see if a company can be trusted to store their data securely before they give that company their personal data.

To see why you have been entered onto the Non Compliance Register PRESS HERE and we will send the report to you.

You will see listed on the report the actions that may now be taken against your company for non GDPR compliance.

This email has been sent to inform you that you are on the UK Non Compliance Register.

There is no need to reply to this email.

Disclaimer: This communication is not a business communication and can be legally sent. It is a notification to advise you of action taken against you. There is no personal data involved with this communication. The Non Compliance Register does not hold any personal data and displays only information that is already in the public domain and can be accessed and stored legally by any person who searches the ICO fee payers register for DPO’s and as such does not fall under the GDPR compliance law or the 1998 European Data Protection Act. It is a pubic service that is free of charge.

It's all a load of cobblers. The domain noncomplianceregister.com is a parked domain, and as usual, johnny spammer can't spell.. "it is a pubic service that is free of charge."

As for the reason for the scam, absolutely no idea, there are no requests for payment or unsavoury links. Maybe that will come with future follow up emails.

Either  way, if you have received one, just simply delete it and move on with your life 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Sometime I almost wish emails weren't free to send , then spam emails would stop

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Sometime I almost wish emails weren't free to send , then spam emails would stop”

What a good idea! Or the sender got billed if the receipant didn't want it

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hahaha it's always the spelling and grammar that flags it up so easily. 

This Thread is now closed for comments