Keyword domain

By linastylist : Forum Member
Published 24th January 2012 | Last comment 10th August 2012
Comments
This is what I would do if I was in your situation:

Buy it, and just create a simple second website, with info on the topic, seo the site for that target keyword (hopefully you know the keyword is a well searched keyword and a converting one).

Then just simply put your link to your website all over the second website, or put your biz info in there (depending on what keyword/biz your into) that way you could end up having two websites at the top of google.

Having an exact match domain (to your keyword) helps a lot now a days.

JamesK

But dont you think preforming this would affect Global targeting of your website....

Global targeting? Not really? Depends on the domain, what TLD it is or what you have set it to in WMT.

Could it affect your rankings, quite possibly, different URL, keyword etc if that's what you mean.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I have just noticed that a domain with my targeted key phrase has become available.
Would it be worth it buying it and make it pointing to my website?
Would this add any value to the SEO?
Or is there any other benefit of buying the domain?

If you find domain name with your targeted keyword then I suggest you to buy it because it will help you to get quick rank on that keyword for long time as your website age.

JohnDale

After penguin update, Exact match keyword if use as a domain name that's not brings huge benefits.

nashir

This Thread is now closed for comments