Adwords Novice

By : Growing Business
Published 26th May 2012 |
Read latest comment - 21st June 2012

I am going to start my campaign with Adwords, it is going to be my first time dealing with it.

Have you got any pointers, tips to help me get the best results???

Thanks

Jerry D

Amazing Gift Boxes
Comments
Get a free voucher if you can, (try googling it) and make sure you set a very low daily budget as you find your feet.

Don't just rely on a default price for all your keywords, experiment. Keep your quality score high, if it's low, then your keywords not relevant to your landing page and you will end up paying too much money.

Set up a simple campaign, add a few keywords, and then tweak it. Once you have 14 days worth of data, start analyzing your results and add in any negative (irrelevant) keywords to keep your costs down.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I got a 50 quid voucher for google and 125 quid voucher for bing/yahoo.

Can someone please explain seting up prices for keywords, let say I will set my price for keyword "gift box" as 0.15p but default is 0.30p does that mean that my add will be lower then first position or is it going to be displayed on the side of the search resault page???

If any one wants a link to get

Amazing Gift Boxes

Hello Jerry,

Using AdWords can be very expensive and frustrating if you do not know what you are doing. You need to understand properly how it works as it is quite scientific.

A respected expert in this field is Perry Marshall. Have a look at his main website and see if he can help you - www.perrymarshall.com.

Andrew

andrewtomkinson

Can someone please explain seting up prices for keywords, let say I will set my price for keyword "gift box" as 0.15p but default is 0.30p does that mean that my add will be lower then first position or is it going to be displayed on the side of the search resault page???.

The default is the default value you have set for your campaign. Adwords will tell you if a keyword isn't a high enough bid to be displayed (though be wary, as this is dynamic, ie it changes constantly).

Position wise, it depends what your bid is. As some of your keywords gain impressions, you can see what the average position that the add showed. Personally, I find position 4 or 5 works better for me than position 1, but you will work that out for yourself.

There are loads of adwords resources on the 'net, but no substitute for having a dabble and playing with real data. Just keep a low daily spend, maybe a couple of pounds and you will have a few weeks of free training while you use googles voucher

Steve Richardson

Do I actualy pay for each click or for 100 clics????

Here is a link to

Amazing Gift Boxes

Do I actualy pay for each click or for 100 clics????

Each click! So becareful with that budget and analyze your results like a hawk

But name of the game is conversions. If you are getting no conversions, then paying for clicks is just a waste of money.

Steve Richardson

In PPC without better conversion rates everything is waste. This is happen 1 click or 100 clicks.

nashir

Did I post that link and mods removed it or did I forgot???

Here it is again

http://advertising.microsoft.com/uk/small-business/bing-and-get-noticed-online-now

Thanks for the tips.

Jerry D

Amazing Gift Boxes

I see a Thank You from Sjr4x4 so it means I am a moran and I forgot to include the link to 125

Amazing Gift Boxes

This Thread is now closed for comments