How can I get more traffic rank to my website?

By lucy : Forum Member
Published 10th June 2012 | Last comment 3rd September 2014
Comments
link building (very slow process!!)

Hi Gemma, slow is good! Remember to be very careful now when it comes to link building as this is Googles current obsession, and natural un-gamed linking profiles.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

SEO and paid advertising, if you need traffic quickly paid advertising, if there is no rush start SEO on your site but beware it can take a while to see decent results.

gpurdey

You have to have a through linkbuilding process, submit your website/websites to high PR sites and as much as possible, make your website an SEO friendly site.

karylmarx

100x100 agree with Glitterz, you need your numbers to make sense. Make the most out of your communication efforts, trying to adapt to your target audience. This means that you need to generate interesting and engaging content relevant to your potential customer. Being constant on your interactions with the audience is crucial as well!

semar

interesting reading about people promoting unique high quality content, saying it is most important - u disagree - link building is still very strong - if links are generated from high PR websites.

There are some very high PR forums which you can generate links from, article websites, using anchor text... Don't always use rich keyword anchor text, try looking for contextual links - these look more natural to google.

Blog commenting, there is a possibility to get links from .edu via blog commenting - although not as strong as they used to be.

DONT buy links, this is the main point...

Thanks,
mattylad

interesting reading about people promoting unique high quality content, saying it is most important

The links debate will drag on for another 5 or so years before semantic techniques and structured data resign link building as we know it to the archives, and not a moment too soon. Assuming there are any sites left after the knowledge graph swallows all of our content.

The way I read it, which may or may not be right, is it's all about relevance. A high PR site which is no way shape or form is related to your site will generate less domain authority credit than a site with relevance.

Most of us have abused anchor text in the past, because that was the way to do it, and that's the problem. 99% of link building techniques have been abused, which is obvious, as links were the webs first currency. Articles, guest posting, comments, all abused.

I think the new generation of link building is content. Not the old worn content is king cliche, but targeted content for a relevant audience, in otherwords optimised link baiting. So full circle, back to where we started. Decent content encourages linking. But with smarter content aimed at being picked up on higher profile sites, and maybe even the chance of the odd viral.

Thats my theory and plan for 2014. Shall report back this time next year and let you know if it was cobblers or not

Steve Richardson

forum avatarGuest
2nd April 2014 11:18 AM

Social Media  is a Key factor of Getting Organic Traffic... 

Social Media  is a Key factor of Getting Organic Traffic... "

So Tob, as an Indian based SEO marketeer, would you care to elaborate on your point, based on your experience?

Steve Richardson

forum avatarGuest
8th April 2014 12:20 PM

Hi friends, Now a days content is the king and plays important role in internet marketing.

Use good link building techniques to get huge number of traffic. So write a good unique blog post and share your blog on social media sites.

Thanks,
ryancody

This Thread is now closed for comments