Free SEO tools for websites

By : Business Start Up
Published 3rd September 2012 |
Read latest comment - 10th October 2014

I have been on siteexplorer and SEOmoz but I was only able to use it 3 times free as it is asking for me to pay for it now.

Does anyone know any free tools to help me do SEO on a website about printed paper cups which has recently been redone?

Papercupco
Comments
Theres a wealth of tools out there, but it depends what it is you are looking for, ie what aspect of SEO. Plus, the old adage, you get what you pay for. Some of the basic licenses aren't that dear, SEOmoz for example is about $90 per month.

If you want to learn about SEO, SEM etc or have access to their tools, then it's not a great expense for such an important part of your online marketing.

Majestic SEO has a site explorer, dunno what limitations this has for free use.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

ahrefs dot com allows a limited number of requests each day (15 I think). I use them to check key phrase diversity and use the backlink report sections for all of my sites. You can use it for up to 3 and refresh it daily.

wnye

Simply brilliant is http://woorank.com it pulls data from all the sources into a well structured report.

You get a 7 day free trial

AlanF

The Google keyword tool is one of the best tools according to me. Its free and it lets you select the most appropriate keywords in accordance with the location and nature of your website.

MilesWeb

I have not found any good "free" ones. All the good ones are very expensive. I found SEOMoz and Raven SEO Tools very good. I preferred Raven SEO Tools, for my own reasons.

Ryan

I have not found any good "free" ones. All the good ones are very expensive. I found SEOMoz and Raven SEO Tools very good. I preferred Raven SEO Tools, for my own reasons.

Have been looking at Raven, is there anything in particular you prefer over SEOmoz? I think the social media side of SEOmoz could do with improving imho. Price wise they are the same.

May have to give the 30 day trial ago and have a play.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I suppose, I liked Raven because you could add each like you have created, ands over time it creates a databse of the links that you created. A bit like Excel spreadsheet but a lot better. I don't use Raven or any other anymore. I just find them all very expensive.

Ryan

hi i found that attracta have some good bargain deals

sher66

Simply brilliant is Website Review - SEO Tool | WooRank.com it pulls data from all the sources into a well structured report.

You get a 7 day free trial

I will second this, think you can use it once a week for free. It doesn't pick up all the information but from an amateur's point of view it certainly highlights areas to be improved

ParagonHRSolutions

This Thread is now closed for comments