Local Elections - everyone seems to be claiming victory?

By : Administrator
Published 6th May 2016 |
Read latest comment - 9th May 2016

There's no better place to see political spin in action than during an election.

SNP have a historic win in Scotland, but Scottish Tories claiming victory as the second party in Scotland.

Labour says it shows they have the right leader and are on course, while the Tories claim the results are superb for a government one year in office.

BBC has some great cross party quotes:

"We have tonight made history," Nicola Sturgeon, on the SNP winning a third consecutive Scottish Parliament election

"After eight months it would be very unfair - and improper actually - to hang this set of election results on Jeremy Corbyn's peg alone," Labour deputy leader Tom Watson

"If you compare from when Jeremy took over to now, we are on a clear path of improvement," shadow chancellor John McDonnell

"This is indicative of how voters can change and make a considered choice," Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson

"Scotland has not been a success for us, but Wales is a big success," UKIP leader Nigel Farage

"A new dawn has already broken over the Valleys, people have voted for change," Plaid Cymru leader Leanne Wood

BBC News  -Key points of 2016 elections

So any thoughts? There has been lots to take in, with local elections, Police Commissioners, London Mayors, by elections...

No mention of the EU vote for 5 seconds

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Was a very poor election all around ... The first I heard about it was Thursday morning .All we had was the police commissioner vote and the people in the hall got all excited when we arrived... I actually thought the cards we got were for the EU referendum lolol  

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Was a very poor election all around ... The first I heard about it was Thursday morning .All we had was the police commissioner vote and the people in the hall got all excited when we arrived... I actually thought the cards we got were for the EU referendum lolol  ”

Definitely seemed to be a lot of voter apathy, be interesting to see what the turn out is like for the EU elections!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments