Forum members - you may need to refresh your browser

By : Administrator
Published 5th December 2016 |
Read latest comment - 9th March 2017

We rolled out our new platform over the weekend, but for anyone who visited the old forum you may need to refresh your browser so you load our new settings.

If your page looks something like this:

Then hold the Ctrl key and press the F5 key at the same time. This will refresh your browsers settings and it will download out latest settings. 

Any problems or if this doesn't fix it, let me know 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

It does look weird at the moment.... Wasn't sure whether you were mucking around with it.... again..

Thanks,
Barney

Did you refresh and did that do the job?

Even more importantly can you now view it in a browser other than firefox?? 

Steve Richardson

Even more importantly can you now view it in a browser other than firefox?? 

Yes...... thanks for taking 4 years to sort that problem out, you cannot beat good quality prompt customer service.....

Thanks,
Barney

Yes...... thanks for taking 4 years to sort that problem out, you cannot beat good quality prompt customer service.....

In the immortal words of British Rail... "we're getting there" 

Steve Richardson

Just a point Steve, I have refreshed as instructed, but don't know whether it is just me or everyone, but I have now noticed that the text box for posts now as in the last post where I wrote customer ends midway on the top line and finishes on the second, whereas prior to the upgrade if you could not get all the text of one word on one line, the whole word / text would begin on the next line.... Hope that I'm making sense.... And in case your wondering my page is at 100%

Thanks,
Barney

Thanks Barney, yep it's been flagged and our man is on the case. We've got a couple of gremlins which are proving hard to replicate between different operating systems and browsers.

I suspect it is the browser continuing to cache settings, which will eventually sort itself out, as we get different results from different machines. After weeks of testing, this only comes out when it goes live  But we will get it cracked within 4 years!

Steve Richardson

Any news on sorting this issue out....It's annoying

Thanks,
Barney

Hi Barney

Any news on sorting this issue out....It's annoying

Struggling to replicate it. When we first cut over, the style sheets and browser cache needed to update, but that should have happened by now.

Using the text that you used in your original reply, this is what I see if I replied:

Any chance you can do a screenshot with what you see, or what the problem is? You can post it below or email it to info@mylocalservices.co.uk if it's easier. 

Steve Richardson

Decided to dump Microsoft and windows 10 and treat myself to a new Apple 27inch iMac in the end and pleased to report everything now looks normal, everything works with my iPad and iPhone and my computer life is a dream at present......

But, since the upgrade we are now automatically logged out rather than staying logged in... is this for a reason? Its not really important just a query really....

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments