A tale of two churches

By : Forum Member
Published 19th December 2016 |
Read latest comment - 19th December 2016

Yesterday I went to church twice.  I know, that really is taking it too far but it was Nativity in morning (11 year old niece was "behind the scenes").  Evening was more traditional, carols by candlelight in a proper church.

Both churches are CofE, but there similarity ends.  The first one is the "happy clappy" type which leaves me cold; the kids have better organisational skills than the vicar!   The latter is my aunt's local parish church.  Only problem was they dimmed all the main lights so you couldn't read the order of service, but the atmosphere was great and there wasn't a spare pew to be had.  I'm not the religious type but I felt uplifted.  I can't hold a tune but appreciate good music and you can't beat a good choir and organist....

JuliaP
Comments

Used to be part of a school choir, my high school was catholic so ever year we used to perform in a carol concert! Although I am catholic I am not a practising one however I used to love performing in the carol service each year something about singing for Christmas I used to love! Gets you in the Christmas spirit 

https://www.facebook.com/keddo17/videos/10207120972136478/ a video of me and my friend singing last year! so much fun   

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

This Thread is now closed for comments