If you run a business - then promote yourself!

By : Administrator
Published 8th April 2019

It sounds very obvious. You run a business, so take every opportunity you can to promote yourself. Yet so many people don't?

You don't have to be a full on sales pitch at every interaction, but if you are using things like social media, then ensure your profile includes a link to what you do. Use a separate business persona if you want to keep your business life separate from your private life, but make sure your business persona promotes your business!

Here is my business persona Facebook profile. If you hover a mouse over my name on Facebook, this is what is displayed.

Not really giving many personal secrets away, but importantly I've got my primary Facebook business pages linked in my profile. I make it easy for people to find my business pages.

Now compare this with a recent list of business owners who have kindly left a recommendation for My Local Services on our Facebook page. Guess which ones I was able to thank and give a shout out to, and guess which ones I have no idea what their business is about?

Telling the world you are self employed is as much use as a chocolate tea pot when it comes to marketing yourself.

So take some time and review your Facebook or other social media or online personas. Is it obvious what you do and can people easily find your business? It's simple free marketing that takes minutes to set up, and if it generates just one client, then it's been a good return 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
This Thread is now closed for comments