What is your best summertime memory?

By : Forum Member
Published 23rd March 2021 |
Read latest comment - 15th April 2021

Good memories are our source of happiness, and mostly happens when you are with your loved ones. Going out with friends, and anything else. Summer is coming again and It reminds me of my best summertime experience and It really gives me good vibes. How about you?

redstone
Comments

We are going to our native place to stay in the farmhouse. It's pure air and a calm place for sped summer days. 

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

I've got to many .. But I used to love being out on my sailing boat on 1 of the huge dams we have in SA. Or just spending time with friends at said places just having fun in the sun

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Indeed! Life is for memories, full of fun, with friends, families, and joyful sun. 

redstone

As a kid back in the 70s I use to hang out at a place called Tregantle Beach down in Cornwall..... just me and my dog Ben and a few mates.....no one else around for miles, use to have fires with the washed up timber, burning up washed up oil slicks not realising what they actually were, baking potatoes and other food, rock pool fishing and of course puffing on the odd cigarette without being told off by any adults..... the 1976 drought was just brilliant.... all totally innocent and wonderful life..... sadly it with more people having access to cars it has become touristy.......I’d flip back to that life in a second if I could..

Thanks,
Barney

As a kid back in the 70s I use to hang out at a place called Tregantle Beach down in Cornwall..... just me and my dog Ben and a few mates.....no one else around for miles, use to have fires with the washed up timber, burning up washed up oil slicks not realising what they actually were, baking potatoes and other food, rock pool fishing and of course puffing on the odd cigarette without being told off by any adults..... the 1976 drought was just brilliant.... all totally innocent and wonderful life..... sadly it with more people having access to cars it has become touristy.......I’d flip back to that life in a second if I could..”

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

redstone

The best things in life are the people we love, the places we've been, and the memories we've made along the way. I found some fun summer activities that you may like https://www.womansday.com/life/work-money/tips/g1212/summer-activities/. Making memories worth remembering.

redstone

Going to beach! I love that so much. Rock pooling it's the best summer activity.

And lying under a tree on a hot day with someone you love, be that my kids or someone else, with the breeze and the mottled sunshine breaking through. Perfect. 

the 1976 drought was just brilliant.... all totally innocent and wonderful life.....”

Remember it well, kept getting into trouble for making little fires with my magnifying glass

Used to love cycling for miles in the summer with my mates as a youngster, never had any worries about traffic. These days it's a nightmare for my kids, even some the marked cycle lanes are death traps.

I was talking to my old man recently about cycling, motorbikes and how car drivers seem oblivious these days. His theory was I was probably one of the last generations to go from little motorbikes, 50, 100 and 125cc then to cars. From the 90's onwards, kids seem more interested in cars, so you lose that built up respect and awareness for motorbikes. With fewer kids cycling on the roads, I imagine the same is true for pushbikes. 

Anyway I digress  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments