Breakfast meetings

By TotalWeb : Forum Member
Published 5th August 2010 | Last comment 23rd August 2012
Comments
With the many differing views on breakfast meetings, I might have to attend one to experience it myself. Hope I don't get pitched to death! *crossesfingers*

Oh I'd put money on it that you will

But can be useful, and like you said experience it for yourself and see what you think.

Then you can report back with your findings

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Business Biscotti is an upcoming networking group.

They probably have breakfast meetings.

Check them out www.businessbiscotti.co.uk

andrewtomkinson

Can I know largely about this subject. I thinks this is very interesting.

nashir

Can I know largely about this subject. I thinks this is very interesting.

There are about 3 pages in this thread on the subject that you can read through to get a better picture of what these meetings are about.

Best grab some coffee and jump right in.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Breakfast meetings, they're like networking events. It would be best if you yourself would be the one to go.

Thanks,
longlivemedia

With the many differing views on breakfast meetings, I might have to attend one to experience it myself. Hope I don't get pitched to death! *crossesfingers*

Did you try one?

Did you try one?

I attended BNI a while back for roughly 8 months. I found it very frustrating.

Same group of people week in week out, pitching the same blurb. It got to the point where it was clear no-one was listening to the others pitch which made the meeting pointless, but people kept returning regardless as they had paid their yearly subscription.

Very little business passed around, mostly internal referrals for free services to get the groups figures for passing business around up.

There are some decent networks around, but apart from the first week when it will seem like you could do lots of business, once your in you will find it can be very clicky, with other networkers not looking to pass business your way until they know your in for the long haul - they don't want you turning up for one week, taking business then disappearing.

It takes a bit of time and commitment (more than just attending for breakfast, you need to dedicate time long after the meeting has finished) to really get anything out of it, something I didn't want to commit to in the long term, after 8 months mind.

Way up the time, commitments and cost and then see what else you could be doing. There are people that have attended these things for years, and swear by them.

Paul Myers

This Thread is now closed for comments