Quicker Rankings Using YouTube?

By : Growing Business
Published 28th March 2013 |
Read latest comment - 4th April 2013

I'm not one for promoting other peoples work but i couldn't resist with this one. Ok, i started a company not too long ago which is based in London. It is a locksmiths business to which there was stacks of competition i was up against. I contacted a friend of mine which knew loads about SEO and he pointed me to a company called Think Sketch Limited. This company helped me understand a little bit more about SEO than what i already knew and i couldn't believe what they did for me. They got me page 1 rankings for my chosen keyword in less than 1 week which i'm not great with SEO but i thought i was astonishing. My video is still on the 1st page now and it's brought me a lot of business through the door.

If you would like me to send you their link then please PM me a i don't want to post it here as i don't want to be accused of spamming.

davewright13
Comments
They got me page 1 rankings for my chosen keyword in less than 1 week which i'm not great with SEO but i thought i was astonishing. My video is still on the 1st page now and it's brought me a lot of business through the door.

I initially thought this was just a disguised sales pitch, but then I'm a natural cynic and suspicious of all things commercial SEO

It sounds great, even too good to be true, and we know how that saying pans out...

The website looks like your standard get rich quick template, but it's a proven conversion model so why not. Not familiar with Paul but have come across his partner before, Russell Brunson who has a lot of flak in the past for dubious methods, edu links etc. He seems to have a loyal following though, as well as ctritics, so guess you make your own mind up.

Only thing that makes me nervous is the obvious promotional blurb of getting to the top of Google and it makes it clear you are gaming the search engines. This is great for a short term fix, but like edu links and all the old quick routes before, they have little longevity in this new Google aggressive world.

If its working and you are getting results and a good return, then happy days. It would be nice if you could report back in 3, 6 and 12 months. If it's still working and there has been no adverse reaction (ie Google penalites), then this thread could become a good sales pitch for them Get yourself an affiliate id and you'll be quids in!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

From what I saw and experimented before, if you optimise a page for a certain keyword and do some quick link building(even low quality) and make Google find some of those links, the page appears to be in 1st page for about few days/weeks then gradually goes down and settles somewhere not to be found in the first couple of pages. So going to 1st page of Google is not a big deal. Staying there is!

No one can guarantee getting to the top of Google(First, you don't know what others doing and second, your Google could think otherwise). And as Steve mentioned, if someone does, then probably they are trying to game the system. It will work for short time(probably longer for some) but eventually it will be gone. Do it gradually/properly and quality/relevant link building will keep your site stay where it deserved even after some point you stopped doing SEO for them.

Thanks,
fourth-monkey

Thank you for your replies and yes i'm a cynic as well but it seems to be working well for me at the moment so it's all good and hopefully it will continue.

davewright13

Let me get this right, you or they upload a video to Youtube about a locksmith in London on February the 14th i.e. 7 weeks ago and its had nearly 20,000 hits? Really? That's nearly 3000 hits per day for a locksmith?, sorry but not in a million years, the only exception to this would be, is if half of London lost their keys.

Thanks,
Barney

The other thing that stands out for me is, is the fact that all the comments are related to 'how awesome this vid is' and so forth and "I've watched this video 15,000 times now" I couldn't find any comments relating to either 'locks' or 'keys' or 'London' or 'tradesmen'....... Don't you find that rather strange? Most videos I have seen on Youtube, most posters leaving comments are conversing with the original poster about the topic of the video and not about the production of it.... just an observation...

Thanks,
Barney

Hey Barney,

Yeh, the comments are quite wacky that's for sure but that is just someone who likes the video and nothing else.

The video is the killer draw here and it is astonishing how many enquires i've had in such a short space of time. I've also been told by the company that has done the rankings that there are things that they can do to maintain these rankings but again that's down to money but i don't have a problem paying it now as firstly it's brought me good business in and secondly they've done exactly what they said they would and there's not too many seo companies that have done that for me i can tell you.

davewright13

Thank you for your replies and yes i'm a cynic as well but it seems to be working well for me at the moment so it's all good and hopefully it will continue.

Something definitely very odd here.

Looking at Barneys post about your video comments, and he's right.

652 comments in 7 weeks, all spammy and not a single reference to how good your services were or even locksmith related.
Yeh, the comments are quite wacky that's for sure but that is just someone who likes the video and nothing else

You don't really believe that? That to me looks gamed and certainly not natural, and unfortunately gaming results is exactly on Googles hit list, so I'd tread very carefully.

I could easily believe the 20,000 views, it is on Page 1 for London Locksmith, so thats conceivable. What I don't understand is why these views aren't turning into targeted traffic?

The website, yourlondonlocksmiths.co.uk is unranked Alexa wise, (which is only a very rough yard stick) but a site getting 20 visitors a day would at least have an Alexa rank of say 5 million (Google being number 1). So this tells me the video is driving very little traffic to the site. So customers are simply picking up the phone, which is quite a reasonable assumption, it's a great video, with a simple call to action. But some people still like to see a website, view prices, and get a warm and cosy feeling, unless the locksmith industry bucks the normal ecommerce trend?

So from 20,000 views, it looks like very little have turned into actual site visits.

But the key word London Locksmiths which seems to be what you are targetting with the video shows a company in position 4

Serious Security - which trades from the same address as you?
257 St. Helier Avenue,
Morden,
Surrey,
SM4 6JL

YourLondonLocksmith
257 St. Helier Avenue,
Morden,SM4 6JL

So is this also your company? Which means you are competing against yourself for keywords which is why I'm a bit confuzzled?? Or is it a clever marketing campaign to dominate the search results? In which case, well done But Serious Security is listed as a dormant company, so prob be better to make it T/A.

Not doubting your integrity, just more worried you may be unwittingly engaged in a black hat marketing campaign which may give short term results, but could end in eventual tears...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

So are you the locksmiths or the Seo company?

Thanks,
Barney

Don't know why but this video just bugged me, I think personally it's the 20,000 hit figure in 7 weeks. Steve thinks it's probable, but I'm going to side with these guys who weren't impressed with you either. On all the other forums Davewright13 has joined over the last month, I can't find any post where you discuss anything to do with locks or business but plenty to do with videos.... Now to coin a phrase that's 'quite wacky'

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments