Hosting

By : Forum Member
Published 17th March 2010 |
Read latest comment - 18th May 2010

I support a variety of websites and was wondering what/who people use to host their websites? I'm happy with my current support, Easily, but I'm aware that perhaps they may not be the cheapest or the best?

As part of the hosting I also need access to multiple databases and also to SSL so any suggestions on what people would recommend would all be appreciated!
Comments
Never use cheapest as a requirement for hosting!

Its all about reliability, if your happy with your current hosters, happy with the support, have 99.9% uptime, happy with speed etc and therefore a solid online reputation, then I'd stay put

Normally time to shop around when an online biz outgrows their shared hosting, which is where most of us started, and then have to decide whether to move to dedicated or VPS's.

We went through much pain, lots of outages until finally settling on The Planet, a US based hoster for our My Local Services dedicated servers, and I cant reccomend them enough.

Forum wise, (like to keep things separate!) as of last week, we have just moved this forum onto a VPS with TMD Hosting, after some shared hosting shennigans! Migration support was great, but too early to recommend

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Currently with heart and no problems whatsoever. A UK firm as well.

Mike

bonsai passion

Cheers guys, I was thinking of looking around as I've been with the present ones for ages.. and now that I want the databases and SSL's thought I'd see if anybody had any other suggestion of who's good (and not too expensive - even if not too cheap

forum avatarKip FX Design
17th March 2010 2:14 PM
EZPZ Hosting, UK, Affordable, and best support I have had bar none

EZPZ Hosting, UK, Affordable, and best support I have had bar none

Kip

One of my sites is having dns issues so I decided to change hosting and took your recommendation and now they host one of my sites

Hopefully will sort out the dns issue I was having with google.

tomsk

Dont know but about web hosting, never neaded to really.

I use webeden. not sure how much these things cost but seems a resonable price, For what i wanted my online shop. it works perfect for me.

But the wife does abit of site building, it was not for her as it does not yet support html code she says.

sean

sean44mc

5th April 2010 8:57 AM
Kip

One of my sites is having dns issues so I decided to change hosting and took your recommendation and now they host one of my sites

Hopefully will sort out the dns issue I was having with google.

How are you finding them buddy? I can't fault them at all. Although I use the mySQl and other functions I am more designer than geek (geek is a compliment by the way) so generally balls things up once a fortnight or so, probably raise more tickets than anyone else, and they are patient, fast and extremely helpful!

Would love to hear your thoughts

Kip

Away in France skiing - set it up day before I went and having problems with the change over but cannot get through because it's a 0800 number for support.

Have you got a non 0800 for them?

tomsk

5th April 2010 11:02 AM
DM'd you the support email to raise a ticket.

This Thread is now closed for comments