24 hour news culture - have we lost perspective?

By : Administrator
Published 18th December 2015 |
Read latest comment - 25th April 2016

You have to wonder how an editor deems topics to be newsworthy, or is it just the case of a slow news day in an era 24 hour news, commentary and endless half baked speculation.

Today, 450 miners got laid off as Kellingley colliery, the UK's last deep coal mining pit will close. Merry Christmas lads.

But the breaking news is that it has been announced which nursery Prince George will attend. I must admit this has been troubling me 

Is it me?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I've given up on news sites or tv news altogether mate. I'll admit that I sometimes still glance through a few sites, but I agree - it's pretty pathetic to prioritize getting some easy clicks over real news.

MarketingQuotes

but I agree - it's pretty pathetic to prioritize getting some easy clicks over real news.”

Sad state of affairs, but does show that in the end it's just all marketing and consumption. Used to be tomorrows chip wrappers, now maybe it's tomorrows link bait

Not seen an intro from you, so welcome aboard 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Sad state of affairs, but does show that in the end it's just all marketing and consumption. Used to be tomorrows chip wrappers, now maybe it's tomorrows link bait

Not seen an intro from you, so welcome aboard 

Thanks! I'll get to the introduction section eventually.

Couldn't agree more on "marketing and consumption" ruling the day, all day every day.

In my personal life, I strive for less and less clutter. The more I unplug myself from all kinds of social networks, useless activities and filler "busy'ness", the more I get to enjoy those quiet moments I do nothing at all.

There's something lost on most of the people nowadays... No one is ever bored anymore, but I find that that's exactly where the magic happens. I think about it every time I imagine the greats coming up with their schemes, plots, and maneuvers.

MarketingQuotes

This Thread is now closed for comments