A Criminal has no religion

By : Forum Member
Published 18th December 2015 |
Read latest comment - 13th February 2016

A name shouldn't be linked to a religion, A human can be a good human or a bad human 

Thanks,
Abid
Comments

Very profound Abid! 

I suppose you could argue there have been some bad religions over the years like some of the crackpot cults that have sprung up in the States. Then you get good humans, bad humans and gullible humans 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I sit on the fence when it comes to religion as I cannot make head nor tail of it. When I look back over my 50 odd years on this planet I really struggle to see how an almighty being can be looking down on us. If I were forced to pick a religion I'd probably side with the ancient Egyptians and worship the sun... as without it we're all dead, plus when it's 70 odd degrees it helps me flog solar panels......

Thanks,
Barney

Karl Marx argued that Religion is the opium of the people" Translated from the German original, "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes" it is often quoted to read "religion... is the opiate of the masses." Written in 1843 and published in 1844.

"Religion acts merely as an opiate" and "Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world and the soul of soulless conditions.

"It is the opium of the people".

Whilst I accept to being confused about religion, I am thankfully drug free....

A bit deep I know, but it has been a tough week..

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

This Thread is now closed for comments