Egyptair - what is going on

By : Forum Member
Published 20th May 2016 |
Read latest comment - 10th July 2016

So sad to hear the loss of another plane with the growing likelihood that it is through an act of terrorism.

The usual media circus has swung in to action with GMTV interviewing the brother of the only potential British victim. How intrusive could they get? All due respect but what the hell was he going to say other than what has been officially released - sorry but that is media sensationalism at its worst 

I get that there is a thirst for information and constant updates but lets just give the search parties time to complete the unenviable task of searching for wreckage and from there we can glean answers, otherwise all we are doing is purely speculating.

Perhaps at this point we could pause for a moment and reflect on those lives lost, not just yesterday,  but to all those who's lives have been lost as innocent victims. Lets also remember our true heros who have battled in the quest for peace against terror.

Clive
Comments

At least they have now established there was a fire; now comes the hard part of finding out how it started.  In any investigation, progress is invariably slow to ensure that the true cause is established and any lessons learned are implemented. It is an industry that is constantly evolving. I don't know the figure for Airbus A320/321, but the A380 typically has over 4 million parts which are inspected and replaced in accordance with very strict servicing schedules.  An aircraft can sometimes be out of service for up to six months for a full service.  

Unfortunately, the media loves to sensationalise air crashes, especially since MH370.  A lot of "experts" suddenly appear!   The Malaysian Government was too quick to publicly speculate on the cause and just added to the relatives' distress.  The Egyptian authorities have also given conflicting reports which don't help.  Fire in the avionics bay or fire in the galley are the main theories at the moment.  

I understand that "all human remains" have now been recovered so I hope families of passengers and crew have some degree of closure, whilst awaiting the final report.

JuliaP

Oh my , they will be on my no fly list ...Starting to look for flights to South Africa hoping to sell enough to be able to buy 1

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments