What were they thinking?!

By : Forum Member
Published 8th July 2016 |
Read latest comment - 11th July 2016

I've decided to hand out the inaugural "Stupid Act of the Month" award early and the winner is the Entertainment Team at the First Choice Aliathon Holiday Village in Paphos Cyprus.  I  know this property very well, as I've stayed in two of the beachfront hotels opposite and used their shops, bar, bank at front of the complex.

It is reported that just days after the Istanbul Airport attack, the entertainment staff staged a show containing a mock terrorist scene.  Apparently staff suddenly emerged from the kitchen firing fake machine guns.  Guests were horrified but soon realised that it wasn't a real terrorist attack.   

First Choice has received a number of complaints from holidaymakers who witnessed this and also from those shortly to fly out.  A statement from the company said that they were concerned by the incident and would remind resort staff of the guidelines for staging entertainment.  

Someone needs a good talking-to and possibly their P45.......

JuliaP
Comments

Sounds like a possible contender for the Darwin Awards, particularly if the Cypriot Police turned up and are not known for their sense of humour...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments