TFL THERE A LAUGH

By : Forum Member
Published 25th August 2016 |
Read latest comment - 2nd September 2016

Common sense prevails. No chance with TFL.

In Peckham the other weekend. There were  roadworks everywhere. I could have stopped legally and blocked the road to pick up an elderly group.

It was before 8am on Saturday morning not much traffic at the loading box, At a better pick up spot and a loading bay, round the corner out the way. I was no more than 10 minutes picking UP at a much quieter place. causing no obstruction unlike the roadworks. where it would have blocked the road but legal.

As an operator common sense prevailed but to non surprise a ticket from TFL, having told them the reasons they still didn't cancel it

i appealed this time awaiting a response from the robots at TFL. Us operators in London and others who visit with passengers cant: Stop, park, pick up. Go to to the toilet or take legal breaks due these un-diplomatic un common sense tickets

Next time a coach is loading legally near roadworks you will all be aware why. in future i will be a robot like they are.

Maybe its about time I and others police TFL BUSES and send them the parking disasters they cause 

CONNELLY COACHES

Thanks,
John
Comments

Don't talk to me about charges in London , I haven't had a parking fine as such ,but they are so regimental about fines ..Also using cameras to fine people should be made illegal as it seems every council has different ideas of a fine and not knowing London really gets my goat. Most times you are looking where you are going ,being in the right lane ,trying to see where you are going, then you get a fine for missing a tiny sign saying no right turn or no car sign lol

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Moved you over to rants  Can't beat a Friday rant 

I have to admit, being an ex wagon and coach driver in my squaddie days, hats off to anyone driving round London!

The parking regulations must be a total nightmare to wade through, and like you say, no allowance for common sense! It's bad enough in a car navigating bus lanes, emission zones, trying not kill motorcyclists and scooters who all seem to have a death wish

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Thank you for the reply I have already contacted the mayors office and won't stop there 

can't wait to see how many Tfl vehicles get tickets 

Thanks,
John

Thank you for the reply I have already contacted the mayors office and won't stop there  ”

Oh dear, has Mr Khan replied yet?

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

This Thread is now closed for comments