Strike Strike, one out all out...

By : Administrator
Published 19th December 2016 |
Read latest comment - 19th December 2016

What is going on at the moment? Have we time travelled back to the 1970's?

Has Jeremy Corbyn taken over without anyone realising? Trains, Airline staff now the posties!

Why the sudden upsurge of Trade Union action, sabre rattling and disruption? It's hardly going to win much sympathy by disrupting as many people as possible over the festive season?

In this post Brexit world, we should be trying to demonstrate how solid the economy is and the UK is the place to do business. Instead we are projecting an image of a country in political turmoil, with our politicians unable to agree on a plan on how start the process of leaving the EU, whilst the business world and infrastructure slides into labour disputes and chaos.

Ho ho ho, Merry Xmas!

Maybe sanity will return for 2017, or are we set for a rise in Trade Union power and more militant action? Does anyone else think this will hurt our external image as a place to do business, or undermine Brexit negotiations?

Or do you think the Trade Union action is warranted and xmas disruption is the best time to raise maximum awareness?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Good point Steve!

On another thread with same topic, I've commented that BA Mixed Fleet cabin crew earn less in one year than Willie Walsh (BA Chairman) earns in a day, with reports of them sleeping in cars as cannot afford accommodation near Heathrow.  Their basic annual pay is less than EasyJet and Ryanair, but they can earn other allowances although they don't amount to much.  BA decided to introduce these contracts simply to cut costs.   It's easy to forget the cabin crew are there for safety and if they are unfit to fly through fatigue then your safety could be compromised.  Fortunately for BA, some of them still view a job with BA as an aspiration......

JuliaP

This Thread is now closed for comments